JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

When on an active message with someone, not receiving the notification when they reply

(Topic created: 06-10-2021 06:43 AM)
TEDDY273749
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

on my Galaxy A01 when I am on the messaging screen and stay on the active text message with someone I will not receive sound notification back from a recipient's SMS

thx for feedback

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I completely understand. It works this way on my phone as well. This is the way the messages app works. It is part of the operating system. You would need to close the message thread to receive the notification sound. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I completely understand. It works this way on my phone as well. This is the way the messages app works. It is part of the operating system. You would need to close the message thread to receive the notification sound. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context