cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Where are the downloaded images?

I was searching Google for certain images. Then clicked download and save. In my A920 phone. After all 7 Images completed the download. Searched for them in my phone's My Files, and Gallery, and Internal Memory and SD card. And everywhere that one can think of. No trace of those images. Though they were successfully downloaded into my phone.

How to locate them. Also why Samsung or Android scientists and doctors, didn't make this simple process easier for people. As I noticed many complaints on the web about, this issue in Android/Samsung devices.

Thanks for any help. Need it urgently.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Where are the downloaded images?

Hey! thanks for reaching out, try checking Downloads under the phone's My Files app. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue on my s9+ I just purchased. Mine shows a small notification at the bottom of my browser screen showing that I downloaded something and it has an "open" link that allowed me to open it, but the only images going to my gallery are screenshots, photographs taken with my camera, and the pictures already on my sd card from last phone. 

@userbExBMLJBWh wrote:

I was searching Google for certain images. Then clicked download and save. In my A920 phone. After all 7 Images completed the download. Searched for them in my phone's My Files, and Gallery, and Internal Memory and SD card. And everywhere that one can think of. No trace of those images. Though they were successfully downloaded into my phone.

How to locate them. Also why Samsung or Android scientists and doctors, didn't make this simple process easier for people. As I noticed many complaints on the web about, this issue in Android/Samsung devices.

Thanks for any help. Need it urgently.

Highlighted

My Note 10 saves them to internal storage/ download from my browser. Samsung browser.

Highlighted

From there it allows me to move them to other areas of the phone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yeah I found them in my files, I needed a file explorer to find them. So once you found them how did you move them to gallery? The big problem here is that when you are on Twitter, Whisper, or other app/site that allows posting of photos, it wants you to select a photo from your Gallery. So if the photo is not in my gallery I cannot share it on the internet. One workaround I discovered is taking a screenshot of the image, because then it treats it like a photograph taken from your camera and that goes in your gallery. Thanks in advance!