JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Where is this WIFI connection menu?

(Topic created: 08-22-2020 09:04 AM)
userJpoSTH93QN
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

After wasting 45 minutes chatting with Support I got nowhere. I have an A50 running Android 10 and I want to see what WiFi band my phone is using. It seems there should be an item under Wi-Fi, Advanced called "WiFi Connection Band" but I don't have that. I'm connected to a "mixed mode" network meaning both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands are used. I'd just like to know which band I'm using. Help PLEASE.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey,

@userJpoSTH93QN

I open system settings, connections, wifi or long press the the wifi shortcut in the quick settings panel.

On my main wifi page it shows the network I'm connected to. To the right of that I select the gear icon. It opens a page that shows the connection speed, security, ip address, the mac address type, the advanced settings menu shortcut etc.

A few seconds after I open this page it inserts a new option titled Manager Router. This is a shortcut that takes me to the router interface. The device list shows each device that's been connected. 

Each device listed shows the information you're looking for.

If the wifi settings menu doesn't provide this shortcut then you can open the internet and type in the ip address for your router interface. If you don't know the address you can search for the router manufacturer website they usually have a link to the router interface or contact your isp and ask them.

Best regards, 

CLF 

userJpoSTH93QN
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks, this is a solution for many situations and answers the question. However, this actually opens your router and allows you to look at the bands from there, not from the phone. It does not work in my case because the WiFi is coming from a bridged network that is connected via lan port to my primary router. This causes all devices to be shown as connected via ethernet. The phone shows connection spped but not band. Since my bridge network has both bands I need to see the band that the phone is really using. Is that inaccessible fom the phone itself? Weird!

0 Likes