JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth not working on A53 5G

(Topic created: 09-24-2022 01:05 AM)
P38LightningL
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

One day after the latest software update for this phone -- which I bought about a month ago -- the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi suddenly shut off. I guess sometime in the middle of the night, my phone rebooted (I don't know why or how though), and when I woke up, and unlocked my phone in the morning, my I noticed that my Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were not on, though I usually have them on. I attempted to try and turn them back on multiple times, with no success. That was yesterday. Today, I was able to take my phone to a T-Mobile store to get it checked out. Unfortunately, after power cycling some more, clearing the caches of both the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings and apps, I still could not turn on Bluetooth or use Wi-Fi. So, they sent me to the Best Buy Geek Squad in a neighboring city, who specialized in Samsung devices. They told me that for now my best bet is to try and do a factory reset on my device and see if that works. I don't want to have to do a factory reset unless absolutely necessary. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, have you found anything to fix it?

3 Replies
Solution
5GKiller
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The phone has to be factory reset, that is the only way to remove the update it downloaded. Turn off the automatic updates right after the reset! It will take Samsung a week or so to fix the update if they already haven't fixed it. It should be safe to turn automatic updates in a few weeks because the bug will be fixed. Otherwise you can go without Bluetooth and WiFi until they come out with a new update to fix the bug if you don't want to reset it.
Bs2209
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Also before you're do that factory reset you're going to want to clear the cache partition Geek Squad should know how to do that and then finally if you use Samsung smart switch with a computer there is a way to hold a backup so that you can factory reset your device and still have everything specifically meant for this type of situation
0 Likes
koolsee
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Try a full factory reset
0 Likes