Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Wi-Fi issue with Galaxy J3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.

I am having connection issues when using Wi-Fi on my Galaxy J3. It is very sluggish and most of the time unuseable due to being so poor.

When connected to Wi-Fi, I still receive messages/notifications from WhatsApp, Facebook etc but if I were to try to use Snapchat or Instagram for example, it simply refuses to load the necessary data (images, stories etc).

Hopefully these points will narrow down the search and help find a solution quicker.

• Connection status appears to be (very) strong, therefore it must be a Wi-Fi issue and not my internet.
  • The same issue occured when I was connected to my brothers Wi-Fi, so the problem must be with my phone.
  • My mobile data works absoulty fine and I am not receiving any issues when using it, only when using Wi-Fi.

I am not very familiar with this type of thing and if I have failed to include necessary information, I apologize. Just ask and I will provide.

Thank you!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Wi-Fi issue with Galaxy J3

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for providing so much detail about your concern, @usergonZzDOHIe. This does seem like some very strange behavior, have you ensured that all of your apps are up to date?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for providing so much detail about your concern, @usergonZzDOHIe. This does seem like some very strange behavior, have you ensured that all of your apps are up to date?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi Trevor , thanks for the response.

I've just got home and I have updated all my applications. (Samsung Internet, I never used it and uninstalled updates to save space).

I also got advice via email to try using wifi in safe mode to see if it's an application causing the problem, which I am currently doing.

As of right now, it all seems to be working fine but that isn't too usual as I sometimes (rarely) am able to have some "up" time.

I'm going to take your advice and get back to you with the results.

Thanks, again.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here is a thing for you to do. Download speedtest by ookla from the play store. Test your mobile data, then test your WiFi you connect to. Your phones hardware is not the problem, it sounds like your home internet(i.e.  wifi\isp) is not got a good speed or connection. Meaning that your isp is throttled your internet\ wifi speeds. Who is your internet provider?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Loyd Koon.

Thanks for the response but the outcome was the same when I was connected to alternative routers. Home, brothers and work. None of them seemed to work.

After following instructions from my support ticket email and Trevor, all seems to be working fine. It's been roughly 24 hours and I haven't encountered any issues.

I appreciate all the support from you guys and I guess this ticket can  be closed.

Smiley Happy