Original topic:

Wifi Connectiviity

(Topic created: 02-12-2023 03:58 AM)
Drifter9
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What is the difference between wifi, internet and data? Please, I am ignorant to all things technological. I have been recently released from prison after doing alot of time. Please explain as if speaking to a child. My phone continuously says there is an update available that needs to be done over wifi. But I cannot connect to any wifi as all options are locked.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Wi-Fi and data are very similar as they both allow you to connect with the world wide web. Wi-Fi is something that's local within your home or office, where you are connected to a router. Data means you are connected via your cellular service providers data service. Internet is simply the capability of getting on to the world wide web with some type of browser, such as Chrome or firefox.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Wi-Fi and data are very similar as they both allow you to connect with the world wide web. Wi-Fi is something that's local within your home or office, where you are connected to a router. Data means you are connected via your cellular service providers data service. Internet is simply the capability of getting on to the world wide web with some type of browser, such as Chrome or firefox.