JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wifi and bluetooth disconnect when media is played

(Topic created: 01-12-2023 11:47 AM)
mentallyafk
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have a galaxy a13 5g and just today my phone has started doing this weird thing where it will turn off my bluetooth and wifi within about 10 or 15 seconds of me playing any sort of media. The connections to both wifi and bluetooth seem stable when I'm not playing media and until the connection just drops there seems to be no other issue when I am playing any media. I've restarted my phone 3 times and poked around with a bunch of setting turning bluetooth off for location scanning and going as far as to reset my network settings yet nothing has worked. I ran the little diagnostic thing samsung members has and when it checked "sensors" it said everything was fine and id assume bluetooth would be included in there. I haven't dropped my phone recently or gotten it wet and the bluetooth still works fine in my car. Any idea as to what is happening and how to fix it?

Edit:idk if those of you who have liked or commented on this post get notifs for the post being edited. Some people have been saying that they had the same issue I've been having and they turned off nearby share and and that seemed to fix it so I'd recommend trying that too. One of the posters said to make sure you long press on the nearby share icon in the notification panel and turn it off in the settings window it pops up but idk if that makes a difference. Also if anyone has taken their phone to a store and like had them look for a hardware issue I'd love to hear what they said. Final thing, if anyone has factory reset their phone I would love to hear if that fixed the issue or not because I'm considering doing it for my phone but I'm not looking forward to the several hours I'm going to be without a phone while I do that
JUMP TO SOLUTION
58 Replies
mentallyafk
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Definitely
0 Likes
ar21
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I think turning off nearby share did it
0 Likes
mikey1107
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So I sent samsung an error report and they asked for a video of it happening so I screen recorded started playing media and it happened I sent them the video yesterday stating the issue and they still haven't responded
mikey1107
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So I sent samsung an error report with a screen recording of my Bluetooth turning off when I played media and this was the response I got "Thank you for using Samsung Members App.
The provided logs/details are not enough, please clear cache/app data, power cycle and if you are still having issue. Please send error report with new logs, screenshot or video recording. 
We appreciate your patience."
0 Likes
mikey1107
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So I found the solution if you connect your Bluetooth device swipe down and go over to nearby share and turn it off after the device is connected and then go into the settings for nearby share and make sure everything is off and that solved the issue
Mmaxwell
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My S21 Ultra is having the same problem as well as my S22 ultra I use for work. I wonder if Samsung is aware. Starting happening after their last forced update...Gets pretty annoying in the car when it's already hard enough getting the car to connect just to have disconnect 2 minutes later while looking for another song to play.
0 Likes
straydog
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Clear bluetooth cache and data and force stop and restart your phone. Also clear cache on media and devices, sound quility and effects, separate app sound and any other app u use listening to music like you tube music. Turn wi-fi off unless u got a good internet connection. Also allow bluetooth and all app u use to play music or adjust sound quility to run in the background and unrestrict battery use. Also try to factory reset bluetooth device. I've not had any trouble with my a13 5g. Also turn wifi and bluetooth scanning off on Google settings. No need to factory reset if it comes to that u can reset app perffences and reset connection settings and data. Just make sure u save and back up and data or passwords first. One thing u can do is remove your Sim and memory card for 30 seconds and restart phone. That resets signals and also try to limit apps running in the background and turn off power saving mode that will give ya a stronger bluetooth signal. Last resort erase all connection settings for a reset its for connection apps only. If that doesn't work neither will a factory data reset. Android 13 update probably has a bug
So u may have to Uninstall Android 13 update till they get it fixed. Sound like update problems. Also try to unpair from bluetooth device and restart your phone and pair back up with bluetooth device
0 Likes
nemphy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Like my last post my Bluetooth and wifi turns off randomly no matter what wireless ear buds I use 
Melman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The bluetooth connection quality from my brand new A23 5G (Android 13) to my car radio (2014 Ford Escape "sync2") is horrible.  If I put the phone on the passenger seat, it is constantly starting and stopping.  It might be better from other spots in the car but this is unacceptable.  I've had 2 LG phones previously, and the bluetooth worked perfectly on them from anywhere in the car.

The bluetooth seems to work OK in the house, it works with my ear buds and sound bar with no problems.  But in the car, on the road, it's awful.  This thread says to turn off the Samsung "sharing" abilities.  I will try that.

0 Likes