Original topic:

Wifi keeps disconnecting on A21s

(Topic created: 08-19-2021 07:28 AM)
userlOx1rmY7S6
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When my not even a year old phone is connected to the wifi it works for like 2 minutes then it says connected without internet. A few minutes later, it starts working again without me doing anything. Switching the wifi on and off doesn't work, turning off and on the router and my cellphone doesn't work, I rebooted the wifi settings on my cellphone, doesn't work. Althought, my mom's phone and tablet and my dad's laptop doesn't have connectivity issues? My last cellphone didn't have issues either.. All this started a few months ago. Before the summer break I didn't have any problems. Now I don't know if it does the same thing on other wifis because I only use it at home and I don't have mobile data. When the summer break is over I'll use the school wifi so I'll know if the problem is my cellphone or our router but if I can resolve this sooner the better. By the way my parents are almost never on the wifi, even if nobody's home, it doesn't work steady.

0 Likes
4 Replies
SheWolf
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It could be that you are too far away from the router or something in the house is interfering with the phone receiving the signal from your router. It could also be if your phone is in a case. If your Wi-Fi is different from your cellphone plan that may be a reason as well. But I would see if it works better when you go back to school before thinking of getting anything different.
0 Likes
SheWolf
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Make sure that the phone is updated on it's operating software
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

once you have confirmed the updates are fully done, and checked the wifi signal strength... but the issue still persists, then I suggest trying Network Reset. Search in settings "network" and among the searched options there should be network reset. This will forget all wifi that was linked  so you'll need to re-connect all wifi connections you had before.

Hope this fixes it.

Otherwise... I would do few things.

1. Submit Error Report to SamsungMembers app right after the issue is reproduced.

2. Visit the UBreakIFix for a antenna (& other related hardware) checkup.

0 Likes
shreyakith
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The WiFi connectivity issue can occur due to temporary glitches or bugs within the phone's firmware. So, restart your phone as a basic fix. Then, check if the WiFi is working properly.
If still, your wifi keeps disconnecting they you may try this way to fix it:-

Forget and Re-connect to the Network
The other way around is to forget and reconnect to the WiFi network. This will delete the WiFi network from your phone, including the saved password. You can later reconnect to it to see if the issue gets fixed.

Open Settings on your phone.
Go to Network & Internet and select WiFi.
Here, tap the WiFi network you’re having issues with.
If you’re not connected to the network, you can find it under “Saved Networks.”
Click on Forget.
Now, reconnect with the network by entering the password.
 Reboot the Router
Rebooting network hardware corrects network and internet issues most of the time. Hence, we’ll recommend rebooting your router once to check if the problem persists. The instructions to reboot are usually given in the router’s manual or on the manufacturer’s website.

Check our Router’s Range
Does your phone automatically disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi network while you’re roaming around the house? It could be due to range issues. So, check the range of your router and whether it properly covers the area.

Hope this will help to fix your problem.