Wifi won't turn on

(Topic created: 02-11-2020 12:51 AM)
user4eoMfa1zgR
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

20200128_111937.jpg

20200128_111916.jpg

I was unable to turn on WiFi in my Samsung A10 so someone asked to me to do factory reset so I did...

I wiped all data and cleared cache.

Now I need to to connect to the WiFi to set up the phone but the wifi still can't be turned on.

I keep pressing on "turn on Wifi" button but nothing happens. 

I can't even skip with window 😣

I can't afford loosing my phone. 

11 Replies
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does this also occur when the device is in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4eoMfa1zgR
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How can I put my device in safe mode?

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Press and hold the Power button until the Power off menu appears then release.

Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode prompt appears then release.

To confirm, tap Safe mode.

The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.

Upon reboot, “Safe mode” should appear in the lower-left of the home screen.

Check for the problem.

If the issue goes away on safe mode, turn safe mode off by pulling down the notification shade from the top and tapping on the notification. This should allow you to check if the issue returns. If it does, you’ll need to identify the bad app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user4eoMfa1zgR
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I turned on in safe mode but still needs wifi or mobile network to complete the setup. 

I can't use mobile data because there is no access point saved since I did factory reset, and wifi already can't be turned on 😑15814110197921016294985.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is the SIM still inserted in your device? Just to clarify, when you swipe down from the top and click on the Wi-Fi icon in quick settings, you are still unable to turn it on is that correct?

0 Likes
user4eoMfa1zgR
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

There is no sim inserted for now,, and yes before factory reset i was unable to turn on WiFi from the quick settings or main settings,,, now I can't scroll down from top to see settings since I have to complete the setup first,,, which I can't without wifi or mobile data.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If you insert the SIM card in your device are you able to complete the set up of your device?

0 Likes
user4eoMfa1zgR
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No I can't because it requires Internet connection to complete the setup and there is no way to use Mobile data while this setup. 

The only way is to turn on WiFi but it can't be turned on.

0 Likes
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I would recommend taking your device to a UBREAKIFIX or your carrier for further assistance. So they can have a hands-on look at the device and try and determine the next course of action.