JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will the Galaxy A20 unlocked get the Android 10 update?

(Topic created on: 9/4/20 12:46 AM)
SpAgent19
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello.

I just received my Galaxy A20 unlocked from Samsung.    I was just wondering, when should I see Android 10 update arrive? 

Thank you,
Jamie

15 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good luck on that. I have factory unlocked USA A20, and yet to receive it. All the carriers already have it, and that was about two weeks ago. People keep saying soon but I think Samsung does not support factory unlocked devices as much as carrier devices. We are on the back of the line with support. Each month they postpone it further and further. First it was May, then June, then July, and now it is almost August. Not all A20 have it except all carriers but not factory unlocked. I really don't know why I can't stop coming in here to reply to post because I should realize I will never get it despite the trying to get Samsung to care but I am just getting tired of the wait. I bought my phone on April 29th and came online to find out about android 10. Yes, they kept bumping the update further and further back each month. Factory unlocked are last of the last for major updates. I am done trying to think Samsung actually cares about customers.

Québécor_Soviet
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Well, their is Apple ;)
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

View solution in context

SpAgent19
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My A20 is unlocked. My carrier is TMobile. So, I have to wait on the T-Mobile or Samsung?
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You are waiting for Samsung. They keep saying bad information for unlocked phones. How the heck do we get it from carrier, when unlocked phones can use any sim from many carriers? They are clueless adding information that makes no sense to why we would get it from carriers. I have a Tracfone sim in my SM-A205U1, and I do not contact Tracfone for updates but sim is under T-mobile to use on Tracfone. So I do not contact either one, and that also goes for if I was using a AT&T sim or Sprint, and even Verizon, and also Boost Mobile or even Metro by T-mobile sims. They are trying to keep us from asking Samsung, which is where these factory unlocked phones are from, not any carrier. Samsung is the root of the update but they don't care. They keep feeding bad information to waste our time.

0 Likes
userT5Ob4AECzi
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy A20 in July 2020.  I  use Consumer Celluler which used to go through T-Mobile, but now goes through ATT.  I received an update August 8 2020 and it says Security Patch Level June 1, 2020.  RWL

0 Likes
userT5Ob4AECzi
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Also I have Android 10 - don't know if it was installed with software update on August 8, 2020.  RWL

0 Likes
Québécor_Soviet
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Do, you really appreciate our loyalty, because factory unlocked should be the first to get updates
Samsung_YlSTXo4
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I already got android 10 on my a20 about 2 weeks ago.