JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

When will Samsung make Wireless Charging standard on new phones

(Topic created: 06-19-2021 02:35 PM)
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I can't help but wonder when Samsung will make wireless charging standard on all their new phones. Recently, I upgraded to a Galaxy A32 with 5G connectivity. I like the screen and feel of the phone in my hands. The auxiliary port is useful to me, the cameras take excellent photos and the fingerprint scanner is convenient. The only downside is lack of wireless charging capability.

With the introduction of some new cars coming with available wireless charging docks built-in to the vehicle itself, doesn't Samsung see how this is the future? 

Let's be real, everyone hates charging cords. 

It seems like they're always misplaced whenever we need one and the constant plugging in and unplugging wears down the charging port over time, rendering the phone virtually worthless.

My Lenovo tablet, that I just bought this year, comes with a wireless charging dock. Essentially, it sits upright and is connected via magnets on it's side for charging.

Apple is currently promoting magnetic charging on their iPhone page. Samsung should be ahead of the curve with providing wireless charging. No ports, no magnets. Just a leap into the future. 

Thanks.

8 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Good idea but it's not for everybody. My phone is plugged in and charging to a wall outlet. I sleep or lay down with my Bluetooth headphones attached to my ears while the phone is next to me. I have a 10 foot charging cable so I can move around while falling asleep. All the while my phone is charging.
If you're talking about those circular disk they lay on to charge, I can't charge and use the phone at the same time. It'll fall off. Not steady enough for me.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I understand that situation, believe me. A few months ago I had to get new headphones for listening to music while I sleep. I got ones that are Bluetooth compatible and comes with a backup auxiliary port so when I run out of battery I can still use them if I want.

I used to keep my old phone (J7 Crown) plugged in all the time but the problem I discovered is that when I roll around in bed with the charger and auxiliary cord connected, I inadvertently damage either the charging cord, auxiliary cord, charging port or auxiliary port.

I've personally gone through countless cords. Now, Bluetooth isn't the greatest thing, I admit. Especially if you buy cheap ones that get interference or have trouble staying connected. But it does save me money on buying new cords. I can listen to my music or whatever while I sleep and not have to worry about breaking something.

I'd like to believe that would translate over to charging in the sense that I could keep my wireless charger on my bed stand, charging the phone and have it connected via Bluetooth for my headphones. No more wires at all.

I'm looking at it from a financial aspect. Though I do like having an auxiliary port for when I'm listening to music while not sleeping. I like having a physical connection between my headphones and phone because it feels like I'm interacting with the music so to speak. Like, it's a physical connection that I can see.

Personally the benefits of wireless charging outweigh the negatives and not only from a financial perspective, but also a reduced risk of inadvertent strangulation from the cords that you're sleeping with.

Everyone is different. You should do what makes you happy. My avocation of wireless charging is merely as an additional standard feature for those of us who can benefit from it.

Thanks
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yeah I figured since I was going Bluetooth headphones I'd get the best because I know that wired headphones have a better sound so if I was going to get Bluetooth headphones they would be Bose noise canceling and I can't hear my roommate and I can't hear the hallway fire signals buzzing. My roommate hits me in the leg and says " come on, the fire alarms are buzzing and I would get up. Monthly fire drills you know? I live in an assisted living facility and once I put those headphones on I hear nothing. But I keep the phone on the bed until last minute and just put it on the nightstand after. But I can see the benefits of upright phone chargers.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm sorry you have to deal with those constant interruptions. I live in an apartment too and straight up wear dollar store ear plugs when I'm not out in order to help dampen the sound of constant yard maintenance by my landlord, the neighbor's dog barking it's head off or the scrapper two houses over when he's outside disassembling things.

Currently, I have SkullCandy brand Hesh 2 style headphones. I got them from Walmart for around $70. 20 hours of battery life and they're over-the-ears which is even better for sound isolation because it cups around my ears.

I actually thought this phone (Galaxy A32) being new this year and having 5G capability would come with wireless charging as standard with a backup/optional charging port. But it doesn't. That's what inspired me to look further into this, leading me to discover that Apple is already utilizing magnetic charging technology, just like my Lenovo tablet has.

Being in the game with all these new cameras on the back is okay, but implementing wireless charging, as standard with all new Galaxy phones will put Samsung AHEAD of the game.

It'll be especially more inciting if Samsung not only implements wireless charging as standard but also keep the charging port for those (like you) who prefer to use it and also as a backup when a wireless charging dock isn't available. Definitely keep the auxiliary port as well.

I hope Samsung reads this whole conversation and take into account the benefits of having the best of both worlds. Not only for their future's sake, but for our convenience as well.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yeah my head phones answer phone calls, use Google assistant for time and notifications and the music automatically mute when the phone rings and go right back to where they left off when done. I press a button and notifications come on and email. Over the ear like yours and they have their own charger so their perfect for me and I get 20 hours on one charge and the battery is removable by a Bose store technician. They'll charge for a year before it needs to be replaced. But I was going to get Sony xm4000 but they were $300.00 so for that kind of money and 2 bad breaking Sony I went with the other kind. Well, hope they come out with wireless charging.
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I used wireless charging in the beginning but wired is so much faster on my Note 10+.
0 Likes
Jw-83
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I keep the Samsung 45w charger at work but at home I primarily use their fast charging stand and it charges the my note 10+ pretty quickly.
0 Likes