cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYFRHBnfpkv
Asteroid

XCover 4: June 1st Update Failure

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have an XCover 4 phone and just got a notification that a Security Patch Level update is available. It's named: June 1, 2019. I download the update and click Install Now. It prepares and restarts the phone - then starts to install the update. After 25% it says Error (and shows a sick Android icon). That screen is on for a minute or so and then restarts the phone, starting as normal but after entering PIN it says, of course, that the update has failed. I've tried several times but with no luck. How do I fix this? - Any idea what causes the update installation to fail at 25%? I've sent the log/report but that doesn't help here and now. What can I do?

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userYFRHBnfpkv
Asteroid

Re: XCover 4: June 1st Update Failure

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Couldn't really help me when I asked in my own country. They just suggested that I reset the phone completely Smiley Sad and installed everything again. 

So I waited a day and during the night the phone had downloaded the update once again. Then, when I tried to install the update - it actually worked.

Maybe letting the phone download the update 'itself' changed something. This will be my suggestion to others having the same issue. Installing the update worked on the 3rd try. 

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

Can you provide the model number of your device so I can further look into this?

userYFRHBnfpkv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, the model number is: SM-G390F

More information:

Phone_Info.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

userYFRHBnfpkv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright Smiley Sad

userYFRHBnfpkv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Couldn't really help me when I asked in my own country. They just suggested that I reset the phone completely Smiley Sad and installed everything again. 

So I waited a day and during the night the phone had downloaded the update once again. Then, when I tried to install the update - it actually worked.

Maybe letting the phone download the update 'itself' changed something. This will be my suggestion to others having the same issue. Installing the update worked on the 3rd try.