Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user-Steve1951
Asteroid

Xfinity wifi hot spots login does not pop up for J3 and J7 phones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy Luna J3 Pro Model SM- Minutes Tracfone Cell phone I can connect to all kinds of free wifi at stores but when I try to connect to the Xfinity wifi hot spots (I have tried several Xfinity hot spots that did work with my other cell phones LGL44VL) it will not pop up with the Xfinity login display. Two other older phones had no problem popping up and connecting so I bought another Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Tracfone Model SM-S727VL hoping to solve this problem but it also does the same..(Xfinity wifi hot spots login does not pop up) also (cannot obtain IP address). I have contacted both Tracfone and Xfinity with several suggestions like safe mode and reset saved wifi s …but so far nothing has worked. Incompatible phone was one answer but doesn’t seem like a real answer. Android 6.0

Does someone know what the problem might be and have a solution?

Steve M

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user-Steve1951
Asteroid

Re: Xfinity wifi hot spots login does not pop up for J3 and J7 phones

JUMP TO SOLUTION

…..I had given up…..My Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro was not connecting to the Xfinity Wi-Fi hot spots because showing failed to obtain IP address (FAILED TO OBTAIN IP ADDRESS) on May 9 2018…..however on May 10 2018 I took a day trip for Old Folks to Galveston TX and as I was walking about I found I was connected to an Xfinity WiFi Hotspot….I thought that I might just be good in Galveston only…. but when I got home it connected there also…I do not know who Xfinity, Samsung, or Tracfone made the change to fix the problem but My Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro appears to be connecting now ok.   Thanks Much for your efforts…Steve1951M

3 REPLIES 3
user-Steve1951
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Galaxy Luna J3 Pro and Galaxy J7 Sky Pro are not connecting to the Xfinity Wi-Fi hot spots login likely because failed to obtain IP address (FAILED TO OBTAIN IP ADDRESS)     works ok at many free wifi places and at home ok but I pay for Comcast Xfinity hot spots too

Solution anyone?

user-Steve1951
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

…..I had given up…..My Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro was not connecting to the Xfinity Wi-Fi hot spots because showing failed to obtain IP address (FAILED TO OBTAIN IP ADDRESS) on May 9 2018…..however on May 10 2018 I took a day trip for Old Folks to Galveston TX and as I was walking about I found I was connected to an Xfinity WiFi Hotspot….I thought that I might just be good in Galveston only…. but when I got home it connected there also…I do not know who Xfinity, Samsung, or Tracfone made the change to fix the problem but My Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro appears to be connecting now ok.   Thanks Much for your efforts…Steve1951M

Mshelly0219
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe a factory reset on both, the sky pro and then the hot spot. I also have the Samsung galaxy j7 sky pro phone thru tracfone and straight talk. I am wondering if we Wil get an android update from 6.0 to at least 7.1, getting 8 would be great,but these phones aren't capable of handling that kind of update. I didn't know when I bought sky pro 6.0, that straight talk also made a sky pro 7.1 that could be updated to 8.0,