Original topic:

Zflip3 cover display auto brightness?

(Topic created: 11-10-2021 01:02 PM)
mtorch
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Is it just me or is there no auto brightness for the zflip3's cover display? I wish it would lower all the way at night and turn up when in direct sunlight... Or at least have a schedule to change brightness like scheduled DND. Anyone else? 
0 Likes
5 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I think it's due to lack of smaller camera like the inner display or selfi-cam like in other devices. Using the larger camera will use up too much power. Samsung would have to insert another sensor but doesn't seem like there's enough space.

0 Likes
mtorch
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yeah I guess that makes sense... Just annoying when I forget to turn my brightness down and I get a notification in the middle of the night and suddenly there's a spotlight on my ceiling. Maybe there's some app or hack to schedule the brightness change
0 Likes
tom2044
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You could try Bixby Routines, idk if you can schedule brightness though. Worth a shot probably
0 Likes
mtorch
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'll look into that, didn't even think about it. Thanks for the idea
0 Likes
mtorch
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Update, turns out you totally can do a scheduled for Bixby routines... But Bixby routines always crashes when I try to add an action involving cover display brightness... So there's that at leastScreenshot_20211110-185311_Bixby Routines.jpg
0 Likes