JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

a03s is too slow, unusable

(Topic created: 05-16-2022 07:56 PM)
sgc91
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I purchased the a03s last month and boy, I did not expect it to be that slow. I miss calls because the desktop is too laggy to register. When I try to hang up, it takes up to 5 seconds to actually terminate. Browser and applications simply cannot be used.

I barely have any applications. When I monitor the memory usage, it is hogged by Google and Samsung services.

Myself and many others need to know how to address the lag experimented on the a03s. Either if it is possible to revert to a previous version of Android, or another solution.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lrock
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Debloat with adb many writeups available over on xda devs

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Lrock
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Debloat with adb many writeups available over on xda devs
sgc91
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

God bless Lrock. With your recommendation I found the following guide:

https://www.naldotech.com/samsung-galaxy-a03s-bloatware/

The phone's performance seems fluid for now. Are you aware to what extent Samsung updates reintroduce this bloat? Is this something you have to go through again after most OS updates?

Still hoping for Samsung to reach out on this problem: this is NOT a solution.

0 Likes
Lrock
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
it is and it isnt. the real problem is android is much to muchy for entry level devices.
it depends on the nature of the update. security updates, not a lot probably.
the easiest thing to do is have a script that does all you want that you can easily implement.
Lrock
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
if it makes you feel any better (it wont) the a03s wont be getting OS updates.. security patches for as long as you have room for them, the reality is, within a year you'll run out of space for even app updates and security updates and then youll just sit on old versions of everything until they become obsolete
0 Likes