Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

a50 2.5

Will the A50 phones get the 2.5 update I'm still running 2.0
11 REPLIES 11
Supernova

Re: a50 2.5

yes [will get Android 11 and 3.0] might skip the 2.5 all together since it's mostly a stability and security patch.
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: a50 2.5

okay, awesome when will that be do we have idea
Astronaut

I don't know on the straight talk a50 but my aunt has the a50 on verizon i believe it has one ui 2.5 but I've been checking everyday on my straight talk a50 nothing but a September patch I don't know if straight talk will ever update it because I have the a10e for straight talk to it got a December patch no one ui 2.5
Supernova

let's see, probably looking at January for 3.0 probably mid to late December if they issue a 2.5 patch. Keep an eye out for the S10's update. once that rolls out they will run through the rest of the "S" series and then move to the "A" series phones. The A series will go fast as they are built on the same UI just with less features as the S so they will just have to pull the Base source code and abridge it because they know it's already Stable. Doubt there will be any BETA for the A series since it's a lower Tier and because the foundation is S series again just not as feature rich. Same goes with the Carriers(Verizon, Att,Straight Talk) the more the bloatware the longer it will take the carriers to push the update. So dont be surprise if Straightalk has an update before say Verizon. it's just less code they have to migrate to make sure the systems play well with the new UI. Hope That Helps .
Cosmic Ray

awesome thank u so much you helped me alot
Supernova

Sure thing. I've got a few A series phones laying around. If I see any development in that area I'll tag you in it ok
Cosmic Ray

thanks so much

One Ui 2.5 is likely this month. It depends on carrier and region. For 3.0, Spring 2021.
Cosmic Ray

thank u