cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

fingerprint sensor not working A30s

i keep getting this error the whole time "Cover the entire fingerprint  sensor".

I'm doing it the right way and i even went on youtube to double check and i also gave my brother but its not working. my software is up to date. please help

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: fingerprint sensor not working A30s

Hi @user1IX6jYDepw ,

I am sorry you are having this issue. Can you tell me if there are any debris or small scuffs and or scratches on or around the finger print sensor?

Best Regards,

JORTIZ_12

Highlighted
Asteroid

Nope there's nothing and i even cleaned it and washed my hands and used different finger. i got this phone last week even

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey! thanks for reaching out, May I have the model code for your device?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi....

my model name: SM-A307FN/DS

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Regrettably, support for non-US models is quite limited. I would recommend reaching out to your country of support: Link

Highlighted
Asteroid

thanks

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi @user1IX6jYDepw ,

please also try the following:

Did you perfor a Soft Reboot on your phone? Let’s try a soft reboot, to do this, press and hold the Power and Volume Down button for around 5 seconds until the phone restarts. 

You can also try clearing the cache: To do this follow these steps: Turn your phone off, then press and hold the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together. Once all buttons are held for a few second your phone should vibrate - at this point you can release all buttons. Samsung recovery mode will now be displayed. Scroll down and select 'Clear Cache Partition' (Use the Volume keys to scroll and the Power button to select). Once this is complete, scroll down and select 'Reboot System Now'. 

If this mend your issue. Please select solution.

best regards,

JORTIZ_12

Highlighted
Asteroid

THANKS for reaching out. However, this didnt work at all. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @user1IX6jYDepw 

I would verify that your finger, and the sensor is clear of all debris and any type disrupting coverings. Try a few different fingers to see if it continues to occur consistently, and it that fails I would try factory reset the device. Back up your data, and reset your device by 

Push the Power button for a couple of seconds and tap Restart two times.

If the device vibrates or Samsung logo pops up hold down Volume Up + Power key for a short while.

Let go of held buttons when Recovery Mode appears.

After that select "wipe data/factory reset" with the volume keys and select with power.

Once that completes, use volume key again to get to reboot device, and click power. From there the device will restart, and that should give you a chance to see if that fixes the issue. I hope this helps!