cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermSYyEKZTnA
Constellation

forgotten pin on J6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings, I recently purchased a Samsung J6 2018 and when setting the phone up for fingerprint recognition i entered the pin wrongly. I have access to my device and able to lock and unlock but can't change my fingerprint or any security settings. Furthermore once the device shuts down i will lose access as the i must enter the pin before using fingerprint. Is there a way to recover forgotten pins or to bypass using only bio-metric id?? I'm reluctant to go resetting it as i just went through the pain of transferring over my files from my old s6 edge.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usermSYyEKZTnA
Constellation

Re: forgotten pin

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCole wrote:

Unfortunately there is no method to using the bio-metrics only in order to bypass this. The reset would need to be done if you could not remember the PIN. 

Hi that's actually not totally correct. While there is no way to reset the password on the device via biometrics only you can however using your samsung account and utilise the find my device service. This allows you to delete all lock methods currently on the device which solved my issue. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately there is no method to using the bio-metrics only in order to bypass this. The reset would need to be done if you could not remember the PIN. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usermSYyEKZTnA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungCole wrote:

Hi that's actually not totally correct. While there is no way to reset the password on the device via biometrics only you can however using your samsung account and utilise the find my device service. This allows you to delete all lock methods currently on the device which solved my issue. 

View solution in original post