I had this problem since 2 years ago, after i installed an update of nougat back in november 2017 ,since that time to now, every app that uses screen overlay doesn't show me it's overlay service like messenger chat bubbles,night mode apps etc...
I've tried everything, forums or tutorials to fix the issue but nothing worked
switched on apps that appear on top permission or even the option inside that app didnt work either
I even reseted my phone but it's still the same
The only thing i knew while searching that it's a problem showing only to GALAXY A5 2016 users.
Can someone help?
Thanks for reaching out.
Can you provide the full model code of the device? Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition?
Follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
- An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what was deleted will be replaced successfully. So, wait for your phone to become active. Don’t worry, this procedure is very easy and safe to do. You won’t damage your phone just by wiping the cache partition.
Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry