JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy buds poor Bluetooth connection

(Topic created: 10-21-2020 10:52 AM)
userECOoTTMiwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I like my galaxy buds SM-R170NZSAXAR except my galaxy 9+ must be very close to them for them to work reliably. put my phone in my front pocket and a turn of my head disrupts signal, put in back pocket and forget about it cause it wont be connected 50% of time. The phone works with my other bluetooth speakers and wireless earbuds fine, even from across a room, but these do not. help!

6 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thank you for reaching out. Please send a private message with the serial number so I may look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userECOoTTMiwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

thanks for the offer, but thankfully the last software updates fixed the issue! I was hoping that was all i needed so i have been performing updates whenever i saw one, and finally this last one did it! they are now awesome!!!

0 Likes
Angiel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
where did you get another update?
I did an update last week and now I need to keep my devices with a foot of my phone to have them connect
0 Likes
userECOoTTMiwa
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have Galaxy Wearable  app version 2.2.34.20091461 and galaxy buds plugin version 1.7.20082751 installed. I have been prompted to another update for my buds, but I am not performing the update for fear it will render them useless again (the one foot from phone problem). Hope this helps

0 Likes
Angiel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
there is no current update for watch and I have even purchased 2 new different brand earbuds and they have to be within a foot as well.
I spent am hour with Samsung last night and they think I should warranty and replace the phone to resolve my issue... OR, wait for the next update! 😡
0 Likes
userO4Z3kDkAZD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

been searching for a solution for months. nothing suggested worked, even sent the buds in twice and they were replaced with a new set. 

What did help was changing the codec in devoloper settings on the phone. just google that and you will fix the problem. i have a note9 and buds+

0 Likes