glitch scrolling through contacts...

Highlighted
Astronaut

glitch scrolling through contacts...

hello.. i use a non-smart phone, CONVOY 4. I am with verizon. my last phone was an older model of same phone. 

after importing my contacts, i begin typing a contact name, and USUALLY the phone instantly begins deducing through contacts so i can easily find who i am looking for. This phone is NOT allowing that feature. it does have the 'search field' and it does allow for typing in the field. however, that's the extent of it. i have searched options to see if it's in need of activating that feature or not, but there's nothing there. And the really funky part is i went back into the Verizon store to see if someone there could help me out, and not only did no one there know what to do about it, but ALL of the flip phones on display did the SAME EXACT THING!! no phone allowed scrolling through the contacts via using the seach feature. it's there, it's seemingly functional, yet it is not. upon typing the first few letters of a contacts name and hitting VIEW/OK button, the ICE opens up (since that's the first entry in the contacts list.  it's as if it may be a glitch with the operating system. any advice to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated. PLEASE help!! having hundreds of contacts on my phone makes finding a contacts extremely frustrating, as you can probably imagine. thank you so much for your time.