cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

how to recover permanently deleted pictures

alright so i went on vacation with my family just a couple weeks ago and took a few pictures. i accidentally deleted them last night or a couple nights ago and realized they didnt back up to google photos. ive tried countless recovery apps but they all showed the same pictures (ones from months ago) but not the pictures im looking for. im currently having an entire break down over this since i highly treasure those pictures and i was stupid to delete them without checking. i emptied the trash a few nights ago and noticed today on google photos they werent there, despite literally everything else backing up.

im really worried now and i dont know what to do. if the apps can access stuff ive deleted months ago (even from march), then surely its all located on something? is it in the memory? or the sd card? theyre recently deleted and nearly everything else is showing up.

are there any apps or anything i can do? im desperate and want to get these pictures back. i have a galaxy a20

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: how to recover permanently deleted pictures

I don't have an answer for you. But I do know in the settings I think you can have it to where your trash doesn't delete until you permanently delete it manually. So it must be archived somewhere. But I have a question for you, are you saying that Google photos did not backup and it was supposed to? Do you have problems with Google photos and your pictures disappearing even if you don't delete them? I just started using it and some of my pictures disappeared permanently and I don't know why. You can direct Msg me on Instagram, harleyquinnrocks

Highlighted
Astronaut

So I remember for disk hard drives, when you deleted something it could be recovered because the deleted content was still there but that physical space on the hard disk had only been re-designated as writeable space; so in this situation it is possible. But unfortunatly because your phone uses solid state memory I don't believe this is possible. If you really want to try to get your pictures back I would immediately stop using your phone so as to not risk overwriting your data. Secondly finding someone who can do that will be tough then affording their price for the extraction will be a little expensive too. Good luck to you
Highlighted
Constellation

do you know how i could find someone to help? like what should i look up, everything ive tried brings me to weird articles.

im praying i didnt lose them, theyre still very recent so i mean, if an app can find something from march then i dont see why it cant find something from 2 days ago.

Highlighted

I just helped someone with this problem. go into the play store and download an app called disk digger photo recovery https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.defianttech.diskdigger&hl=en_US&referrer=utm_sourc...