cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_2HhGQ2w
Astronaut

i cant update my phone to android pie?

i have 4 friends that have the same phone as me (Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown) from Walmart. They all have the same carrier as me and they all have the Android Pie update, and im the only one stuck on Android 8. I tried to check software updates in settings but it says my software is up to date. is there any way to fix this

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: i cant update my phone to android pie?

@Samsung_2HhGQ2w Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Honored Contributor

Re: i cant update my phone to android pie?

@Samsung_2HhGQ2w wrote:

i have 4 friends that have the same phone as me (Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown) from Walmart. They all have the same carrier as me and they all have the Android Pie update, and im the only one stuck on Android 8. I tried to check software updates in settings but it says my software is up to date. is there any way to fix this

If your device is sim unlocked, try another carrier sim in your phone.  Depending on which carrier you have now, you could use sim of T-Mobile, ATT