cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdODcYoGuft
Constellation

phone got wet in the toilet. brand samsung j6+

phone got wet in the toilet, then i sprayed it with lysol and it was working for like  2 to 3 mins but the hte phone display kept flashing or diming , it shut off a couple of times same thing ,i decided to shut it off for good and take out the memory & sim card slots, and i used  the  ejection pin and pushed it into the tiny hole between the usb port and earphone jack , dont have a clue what that was for, but the phone did not come back on , not sure if i made it worse but the phone got serviced by one of my tech guys that said it had some water in it when the phone was opened up and still the phone did not come back on , this is phone dead, cause i only purchased the product 3 weeks ago . please help me  

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: phone got wet in the toilet. brand samsung j6+

I'm sorry that your device got water damage. A replacement will be necessary. You can use the help menu on here to start the process. An employee will assist you further.

Samsung Care Ambassador
userdODcYoGuft
Constellation

thanks for reaching out

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We recommend taking your device a certified repair technician who can assist you further with your concerns.

You can locate the nearest location by visiting this link: https://www.ubreakifix.com/locations

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

1) Why on earth did you spray it with lysol?

2) HTE display?

3) I don't think that hole was for your sim card slot...

4) Yeah, you're probably going to have to replace it. Do you have the warranty?

userdODcYoGuft
Constellation

thanks  , and sorry about incorrect spelling for question 2 , its the display. and yes i do have a warranty but im still checking for my reciept as proof of purchase , cant find it as yet , still checking