Original topic:

problem with galaxy a31

(Topic created: 07-31-2021 11:40 PM)
KNStreeter
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hi, I started having a problem playing my music off of U-tube music, about a week ago right after I did a phone update. It just shuts off when I hit play. it'll stay on for a random amount of time...usually no more than 2 or 3 minutes, but mostly shuts off after about 10 to 20 seconds. No matter how many times I hit play, it'll shut itself off. I've tried my downloaded music, and streamed music. I've tried playing through headphones and from the phone's speakers, but same result. Again, it only started doing this about a week ago, after a phone update. I've had no problems with the phone until now. I've had the phone for about 9-10 months. it's a Galaxy A31. Can anyone help or have any idea on how to fix this issue?  It's very important to me as I use my music for many things. Thank you.
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What phone company do u have?
0 Likes
nopen1278
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Make sure the app is not being put to sleep. Settings->device care->battery-> now you may see a list of apps. Select your app and see if it is being put to sleep. If you don't see a list then tap on background usage limits and check in either sleeping apps or deep sleeping apps.
MrJell_Lee
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I suggest submitting an error report to Samsung Members app after recreating the issue once more. This will let the techs at Samsung look into the issue and either provide a fix or relay the issue to the app owner in the case that it's the app's issue.

0 Likes