Original topic:

"3 new voicemails" won't go away-A50

(Topic created on: 5/27/21 12:48 PM)
Comedy_Tragedy
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

For months, I've been dealing with a glitch that started after an update. I constantly have a notification that I have 3 new voicemails. The notification is from the phone app (not from the voicemail app). I can't dismiss it. The most I can do is snooze the notification so that it comes back every 2 hours.

Hours of troubleshooting with Sprint lead to no resolution. Days of troubleshooting with Samsung lead to a temporary fix. Resetting app preferences makes the notification go away until I restart my phone, then it comes back. Which is less than ideal, as I have to reset all of my notification tones and app permissions every single time I reboot my phone. It's making me want to switch away from Samsung for the first time in a long time.

Their only other solution is to do a factory reset, but I don't believe that will really fix the problem because it came with a recent update...and I don't want to risk losing any of my photos or files or app progress during a factory reset.

Since this problem started with a system update, there has to be a fix in a future update, right?

0 Likes
6 Replies
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I would try these 2 things. Fist Id try uninstalling Android WebView and Secondly I would clear the Cache Patrician. This is kind of a Long shot but we have seen a lot of issues with the last WebView effecting a variety of Apps and this quiet possibly could fix your issues. If not I would wait for the nest update to fix this annoyance.

Uninstalling WebView

1. Go into settings

2. Search Apps

3. Go into Apps

4. Search in apps for Android WebView

5. Click WebView

6. Click three dots in top right corner

7. Uninstall updates

Clear Cache Patrician

1. Turn off the device.

2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.

3. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.

5. Press Power key to select.

6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.

7. When the wipe cache partition is complete

8. Reboot system now is highlighted.

9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Comedy_Tragedy
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Clearing the cache partition was one of the many failed attempts during our days of troubleshooting. 

I uninstalled web view, per your instructions, and the notification is still coming back.

0 Likes
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Have you tried backing up your data and Factory resetting your device? That would be the next step in trying to resolve this issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This happens to me occasionally and is a pain. I'll have a notification that I have a voicemail but my voicemail app shows no new voicemails and I can't get rid of the notification. The only way I've found to get rid of it is to call my own number and access my voicemail that way. There's still no voicemail so it doesn't explain the notification but this makes it go away at least.
0 Likes
Comedy_Tragedy
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Calling my own number to check voicemail was also one of the many failed troubleshooting attempts. I even tried calling and leaving myself a message, then calling my voicemail and deleting that message. The notification still wouldn't go away. 

0 Likes
ccrider7619
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
In my text messages the pictures dont come up it wants to download... I download it but nothing comes up in download.... been doing this awhile now.
0 Likes