"EAS requires a PIN to access email content." Bug on Gear Sport Watch

"EAS requires a PIN to access email content." Bug on Gear Sport Watch

I am having this issue ever since I bought the watch. I get "EAS requires a PIN to access email content." notification after certain hour of restarting the watch. I don't have any Microsoft Exchange related email set up in my phone. I use Gmail and Yahoo Mail with their respective app. I have talked to Samsung customer service few times and they don't seem to have an answer or acknowledge this issue. But I seen numerous community and reddiy posts about this. I think this has to do with the latest Tizen software.

20171130_102644.jpgUploaded from community android app.

23 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: "EAS requires a PIN to access email content." Bug on Gear Sport Watch

I get the same message since the last updates.  I think its related to the the Gear plugin has stopped working error message on my phone (Note 8)

Honored Contributor

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

Hey folks.

I certainly want to assist you both further with this matter. To better do that, can I have the exact model number and Baseband version for your Gear as well as your region? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

The model number of my gear sport is SM-R600 using Tizen 3.0.0.1 software version R600XXU1AQK4 and I bought the watch and I am using it in USA.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you @userkkRsPXhpql

I'll be sure to add that to my list of information so we can get this fixed up that much faster!  ^_^

Constellation

I too am having this same issue.  Purchased the watch at Best Buy at the end of November.  GEAR 3 Model SM-R760, Software Tizen 3.0.0.1.   Version R760XXU2CQK3.  Very annoying situation.  Have to enter a PIN 3 times in order to access my email account.  Originally when I bought the watch the email was easily accessible, now I have to follow this protocol.

Please supply fix or work around.

Thanks,

Constellation

Yes, I have the same trouble with my gear sport, I tried to solve it resetting the gear, but after 1 week the message appears again

Constellation

Gear Sport (EA47) , Italy, bought the 26 November, Tizen 3.0.0.1 Knox R600XXU1AQK4

Constellation

So i contacted support and they offered this solution and it works:

1.Turn the Gear S3 off.

2.Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.

3.Press the Power key repeatedly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.

4.Press the Power key to highlight ' Recovery'.

5.Press and hold the Home key to select. (home and power the same key)

6.Keep holding the Power key until the Gear S3 begins rebooting.

7.Before pairing the watch with the phone, please uninstall the Gear App from the phone and reinstall it from the Play Store.