cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

"Fingerprint sensor calibration needed" on A70 After android 10 update

After the android 10 update on the A70 device, I can't seem to get my fingerprint sensor working(edit: pardon me, It works but i can't add/remove fingerprints). And if I try to re-add my fingerprint sensor, it gives the error "Fingerprint sensor calibration needed, if this problem continues, contact customer service"

I reached out to Samsung Support and we went through steps:
1. Factory reset

2. Wipe cache

3. Safe boot and then trying to add/remove fingerprints

None of this worked, sp my last hope was to go back to the place where I bought the A70 device because of my guarantee. I was there today and all they told me quote: "Its not your hardware issue, its just a developer error" I did not know what this means, but the gentlemen said quote: "Wait till Samsung pushes the next update, they are aware of this". So I left with these confusing thoughts. This isn't also that mayor problem, my fingerprint sensor is working, but I just can't add or remove any. I'm not sure what to do next except wait

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Fingerprint sensor calibration needed" on A70 After android 10 update

If you are on Android 9 and u want to run Android 10,make sure your fingerprints are registered on Android 9.Use Odin and upgrade to Android 10 but u will need to use Homecsc and not Csc,Using Homecsc saves your fingerprints,this worked for me until Samsung releases back a stable Android 10 ,I'm using A705mn model

Highlighted
Constellation

I have removed my fingerprints data and flushed phone any suggestion if I all use homecsc it will restore. I dont want to waste more time as I have restored phone backup. Just waiting for the samsung to do mercy. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have same issue....notice that before update android I didn't register any fingerprint. So it seem that this problem related to this.

Constellation

@userGxm3c6jyGP wrote:

I have same issue....notice that before update android I didn't register any fingerprint. So it seem that this problem related to this.

After 2 months, still having this issue and it's not fixed. At this point I have any doubts this will ever get fixed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I removed fingerprints as someone suggested to remove those by setting security none and then it will give option to re add. 

Smiley Sad I did that and now I am lost. Unable to fix my fingerprint.

I have tried all possibilities and also flush using Odin. But I didn't try homecsc yet and assuming it will also not work as my fingerprints are lost.

When I am running *#0*# and sensor test for fingerprint it is showing Failed for history check. Rest of the tests are passed. 

Samsung support please fix this for us. Please........ Any suggestion?