Original topic:

"Other" Storage on A20

(Topic created: 12-18-2022 01:53 PM)
HaleyM
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm at 95% storage usage on my A20 phone.  I've deleted unused apps, have as many as I can on my SD card (some do not permit moving to external storage), keep my trash folder clean, etc.  I'm quite diligent about keeping my phone clean.  However, I noticed the last time I deleted an app that was approximately 1 GB in size, the "other" storage location grew by the approximate size.  I've tried various ways to access this location to no avail.  I've seen numerous entries on the forum with many, many other people having this same issue.  I've tried most if not all of the suggested resolutions but nothing has worked. 

Has Samsung no true resolution?  

Can someone supply me with a true resolution?  This is ridiculous.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I believe the other folder is mostly system cache files. You can clear the system cache partition thru recovery mode.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I believe the other folder is mostly system cache files. You can clear the system cache partition thru recovery mode.
HaleyM
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I've never used recovery mode.  Would you be so kind to share with me how to go about doing that?

KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Absolutely!

See my post **ISSUES AFTER ANDROID 13**

Even if you're still on android 12, the instructions within that post, are still the same.
HaleyM
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Wow! Thank you! My storage went from 95% used to 65%!
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This is why I love the recovery mode! Glad it helped!
HaleyM
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just checked my version and it's Android 11.  My last software update was on 11/19/2022 and there are no additional updates available at this time.  Will performing these steps cause any issues if I perform them since I'm not on the recommended version?

0 Likes
NoctisCaelum
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

"Other" storage are cache files of all apps you have in your device.