Original topic:

"Processing failed" popup trying to sign into Samsung account

(Topic created on: 12/5/20 8:16 PM)
usercBnT43nzYs
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a Galaxy A20, which is a year old, and is currently Android version 10.

For the last couple of days I've been getting a recurring notification on my phone which reads, "To continue using services securely, sign in again." If I swipe the notification away, it appears again shortly.

This started happening the other day when I think I attempted to unlock a locked note in my Notes app with my finger print, which I tried several times but it would simply close the "Use your fingerprint" popup and show the Notes home screen. It's registering my fingerprint, because when I use the wrong finger, it prompts me to try again.

Everytime I click on the notification to sign in, I put in my email and password for my Samsung account - both are accurate because I can sign in with them on my computer. However, it shows a loading symbol, then says "Processing failed" at the bottom.

I've also tried logging in with my Google account, which I've enabled previously, and it shows a loading screen and then says "Processing failed," taking me back to the sign in screen.

I have tried restarting my phone but it doesn't make the notification go away, or allow me to sign into my account once I click on the notification. I have never had this problem before and I'm worried the only way to fix it is to do a factory reset. I can provide any additional information needed.

1 Reply
usercBnT43nzYs
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Update: Since this problem started after I noticed that my Samsung Notes app was acting up, I decided to try uninstalling it, and since I did that 10 minutes ago I hadn't gotten the notification at all. I installed a phone cleaner app to delete excess junk files and check for viruses, etc; I assumed that I had fixed the problem but right after uninstalling the phone cleaner app I got the notification once again. 

0 Likes