Original topic:

"Super fast charging" missing after OS upgrade

(Topic created: 08-06-2022 11:07 AM)
user94DOFBaVt5
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello!

So I bought an A53 5G last May 5th and it always said "super fast charging" on the screen whenever I charged my phone.

When I upgraded the OS on July 31st, I noticed that it seems I lost (?) the "super fast charging" feature. I'm only able to fast charge now.

I contacted Samsung Support on Twitter and told me to post this here.

Please help. Thank you!

12 Replies
remy_lol
Explorer
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Do you have a 25 watt charger? Because if you do then it should say Super Fast Charging every time you charge your phone, but if you don't then I guess it was just a bug in the system
0 Likes
Dhawk1202
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Mine still says super fast charging.
0 Likes
Dhawk1202
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Well....maybe not. It starts off saying super fast charging them changes to just charging
Dhawk1202
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Though the time to full is the same when it changes so who knows
BIOSATT
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same here. S22 ultra after update
0 Likes
user94DOFBaVt5
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Any TS you've tried?

0 Likes
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've had the A-53 1 week after it's relese from T-MOBILE and i have never seen that option. Maybe it said that with a different phone from outside the US but i never seen my phone say super fast charging. It's always said fast charging, or slow charging.
0 Likes
usermBpdBtToCS
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I just had an upgrade come through last night and now my phone only slow charges.
0 Likes
Angry Beaver
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This has nothing to do with your charger. Samsung tweaked their charge calculations recently effectively removed the ability for users to charge using 3rd party chargers and cables. Any slight difference in charge will effectively stop Fast Charging and Super Fast Charging and turn into Cable Charging.

The problem with this software update is that it also prevents the use of official Samsung Fast Chargers and Super Fast Chargers. No matter what the community moderator says, it will not resolve the problem. Samsung is acting like Apple right now and forcing us to upgrade.