Original topic:

"Super fast charging" missing after OS upgrade

(Topic created: 09-19-2022 05:44 PM)
user94DOFBaVt5
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello!

So I bought an A53 5G last May 5th and it always said "super fast charging" on the screen whenever I charged my phone.

When I upgraded the OS on July 31st, I noticed that it seems I lost (?) the "super fast charging" feature. I'm only able to fast charge now.

I contacted Samsung Support on Twitter and told me to post this here.

Please help. Thank you!

12 Replies
Angry Beaver
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Forgot to mention...

When it comes to slight variations in charging, this also includes a slightly dirty charging port, slightly dirty cable, etc. ANY little thing the phone notices is different, it'll stop. This is why it sometimes works, but 99% of the time it does not. Their new calculation is very sensitive!

userfd28I7Waio
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Same problem. After annoying tech support (I kept going back to them, it took about 6 times replying to their scripted respnses) they admitted:

"With the latest SW update the calculation logic for maximum charging power has been improved.
Due to this improvement, some third-party or non-genuine chargers may show a different charging speed than prior to the SW update."

My Spigen charger matches Samsung super fast charging specs. It no longer super fast charges. This appears to be a deliberate change to hurt Samsung customers and sell proprietary accessories. I'm not sure how to escalate this any further.

I honestly think that they blew it. If their own chargers don't even work THEN ITS A BUG SAMSUNG.

Many of us bought the S22 Ultra for super fast charging. Its been nothing but a scam from the beginning, and now this. THESE PHONES AND ACCESSORIES ARE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THIS SAMSUNG.

Signed, A Former Samsung Fan
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, We understand the importance of being able to superfast charge your phone! For those who have updated their phones to One UI 4.1.1, please take a look at the following:

One UI v4.1.1 shows the type of charging being used in the following two ways:

1. In the Notification panel, the charging type displays for the first five (5) seconds (e.g. “Fast charging started”

• After the first five (5) seconds, the device will only display “Charging” regardless of the type of charging being used

2. From the Lock screen, the Battery icon and the remaining charging time for a full charge will show for the first five (5) seconds

• After the first five (5) seconds, the device will display only the charging icon​

If the phone is slow charging or will not charge, this article contains several steps that may correct the concern. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-device-is-charging-slowly-not-switching-on-or-k... 

In the event the phone is not charging and troubleshooting is not helpful, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated at an authorized service location. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.