Original topic:

"Swipe down for notification panel" option switch, cannot switch this function off.

(Topic created on: 3/9/21 8:00 PM)
userkMSeU1Y5Wk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi all.
I have a galaxy a20 running Android 10 with UI 2.0

For security reasons I wished to disable the "swipe down for notification panel", and the the home screen settings have this very option - a switch to turn on or off.

However, it doesn`t seem to matter what state the switch is in, I can still swipe down the notification panel from the home screen. Am I missing something? That is, is there something else that I should be doing in order for this switch to work?, or am I misunderstanding its function, etc?

Cheers.

2 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
are you wanting to not be able to swipe down for it even from the top of the screen or just stop it from a swipe down open anywhere but the top of the screen?
0 Likes
userkMSeU1Y5Wk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for the reply SelfProclaimedBest.
I did respond but it seems my answer got lost somewhere out in cyberspace.

Your first question is correct. I was hoping to "not be able to swipe down even from the top of the screen". So when I saw the switch which is labelled - "Swipe down for notification panel" I thought that was what the switch was for, to turn on or off this feature.

But you just helped me understand (right now as I`m replying) what that switch is for. When I read your reply (specifically the second question), it made me think about what you meant. Then I looked at the option (switch) again, and re-read the description which includes in smaller type/font - "Open the notification panel by swiping down anywhere on the home screen". Only then did I realise what the switch was for, it simply means I can either swipe down from the top of the screen only, or, I can swipe down from anywhere on the screen. Then I tested it.

I hadn`t noticed any difference when I first changed the switch.

So thanks for sorting that out for me  : )

0 Likes