cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user5UHqQ8YCh0
Asteroid

"System UI has stopped" error message after update - Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 Duos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

I hope you can help me find a solution for my problem.

Today morning I received a notification that system update is available for my phone (Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 Duos). I immediately started the OTA update. Everything seemed OK untill first boot. The only thing I can see after the boot is now "System UI has stopped". The only option available is "Close app". But after closing app, the same error message appears again. I have Always On Display funcion turned on and it works OK. But I am unable to use my phone.

I tried rebooting it a few times but unfortunately, it did not make any progress. My phone is now completely useless after the official update. Can anyone help me with this issue? Thank you for the assistance in advance!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: "System UI has stopped" error message after update - Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 Duos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Welcome to the community @user5UHqQ8YCh0

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you are currently having with your phone. That isn't a U.S. model device, so we can only offer basic troubleshooting for it. Have you tried performing a wipe of the cache partition or a factory data reset? When you boot up your phone, press and hold down on the power key, the volume up key, and the home button. Keep these three held down for about thirty seconds, and it should take you to the android recovery menu. I would first start with a wipe of the cache partition. Scroll using the volume keys till WIPE CACHE PARTITION is highlighted. Then select it with the power button. Then allow your phone to restart.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Red Giant

Re: "System UI has stopped" error message after update - Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 Duos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Welcome to the community @user5UHqQ8YCh0

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you are currently having with your phone. That isn't a U.S. model device, so we can only offer basic troubleshooting for it. Have you tried performing a wipe of the cache partition or a factory data reset? When you boot up your phone, press and hold down on the power key, the volume up key, and the home button. Keep these three held down for about thirty seconds, and it should take you to the android recovery menu. I would first start with a wipe of the cache partition. Scroll using the volume keys till WIPE CACHE PARTITION is highlighted. Then select it with the power button. Then allow your phone to restart.

View solution in original post

user5UHqQ8YCh0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

Thank you for reply. I tried formatting cache and factory data reset but I could not enter the menu. All I could see was just an Android sign and "No command" sign. 

Yesterday, I went to seller to fix my problem. They reinstalled Android system and now everything works just fine. My phone is even upgraded to the newest Android version (7.0). All my data were lost but that was not a problem for me since I had backup for everything except messages.

Thanks for you assistance again!

userhiaoQWwFMl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same problem on a A520 Duos, which was also sold outside of the US: Which seller have you contacted to fix it?

user5UHqQ8YCh0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, @userhiaoQWwFMl!

Thank you for your message. I bought my phone at A1 in Slovenia (in Europe). When I had a problem with my phone I took it there and they fixed it within an hour. They told me that cases like this do appear after updates sometimes.

I suggest you to contact the seller from whom you bought your phone. I think he is the right person in this case. 

I hope you will find a solution for your issue soon.

user04tsrYjs2O
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I TRIED THAT ON MY S7 AND IT STILL GIVE ME THE UI STOPPED, WAIT OR CLOSE PROGRAM.  THIS IS REDICULIOUS   !

Mysticism1
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THIS GLITCH MAY HAPPEN TO ANY OTHER BRAND PHONE WHENEVER THERE IS A NEW SYSTEM UPDATE! WIFI IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED WHENEVER THERE IS A NEW SYSTEM UPDATE! WITHOUT WIFI; FREQUENCIES MAY ALTER WITH THE INSTALLATION AND CAN CAUSE SOFTWARE GLITCHES ON YOUR PHONE AFTERWARDS! BEWARE! I AM SUPRISED THIS IS NOT BEING TOLD BY THE COMPANY "SAMSUNG" THEMSELVES BUT IT IS OBVIOUS TO KNOW WHY IT'S  NOT BEING TOLD... 

userBaDmsfb7g1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's the error of Android system, factory reset or update can not solve it. Luckily here is a video about fix Samsung Galaxy Andorid system issues, must be helpful with you. 

https://youtu.be/zXSHe3oorIM

Get more help - http://beego.cc/repairandroid The Most Powerful Android Repair Tool - http://www.android-data-recovery.com ================================================ What This Samsung Android Repair Tool Can Fix? # Black screen of death # Play Store not working # Android devices won't turn ...
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user5UHqQ8YCh0

Hello again, just thought I would see if you had tried those steps. If so, are you still experiencing the error?

user5UHqQ8YCh0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi!

I was very busy yesterday. As mentioned in my message below the problem was fixed by reinstalling Android system at the seller.

Thanks for your assistance again!