cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

"System update has stopped working" on A70

Hello,

I've noticed something weird on my A70 ever since I got it. Whenever I restart my phone or I'm searching for something in the settings, it shows me the "System update has stopped working" message. It doesn't seem to do anything when I choose to close it but it's starting to bother me and I don't know what's causing it. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, does ideas what's causing it or how to fix it? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: "System update has stopped working" on A70

Do you experience these symptoms if you test your device in safe mode? Give this link a try: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/System-UI-has-stopped-Working/td-p/61865

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Unfortunately no, doesn't seem to be the same problem this person had. For some odd reason, nothing doesn't seem to happen or change when the message pops up, the screen doesn't turn black or anything, it just shows the message and that's all. I usually just close the message by pressing "close app" and that's all. But it keeps happening again and again. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Model number:

SM-A705FN/DS

Baseband version:

A705FNXXU4ASK6

Service provider:

SAOMC_SM-A705FN_OXM_SEB_PP_0006

R58M6046MXX

SEB,SEB/SEB,SEB

I hope it's the right information. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

There are differences between the US and International firmware, in which we do not have access to. There may be things that are region-specific for them.