Did you mean: 
Samsung_pZ7ZTws
Astronaut

update google play services

pls update google or xfr app, google services

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: update google play services

If im correct Google would be the one needed to update google and google play services 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

This is correct, as @GaryB82 mentioned, Google is responsible for handling updates of Google services.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
MikeFarmall53
Constellation

How do i update google play services when the error message pops up every two to three seconds and won't let any other programs start...can't even get into my settings...

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@MikeFarmall53 You can try to put your phone in safe mode and try updating your app that way. Here are the steps on how to put your phone into safe mode. 

Turn on and use safe mode

Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily uninstall apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Turn off safe mode

1. Press and hold the Power key.
  2. Tap Restart > Restart.
  3. The device will restart in standard mode and you can resume normal use.
MikeFarmall53
Constellation

Thanks for the help but it didn't work. My tablet did go into safe mode but the "Google play services keeps stopping" still comes up in safe mode but now only about every 5-7 seconds. Went to Google play services app and tried uninstalling the updates but I keep getting a message at the bottom of the screen that's says "uninstalling Google play services updates unsucessful". Could I go somewhere in settings and just restore tablet to factory settings and start over with the program updates? Thanks  mike

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model code?

MikeFarmall53
Constellation

Model code on back is SM-T580

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this information. Are you located in the US? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

MikeFarmall53
Constellation

Yes I am located in U.S.