update j7 star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EarthShield
Asteroid

Re: update j7 star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been wondering the same thing. I have the Samsung J7 Star through Metro and I'm still waiting for the update

6 REPLIES 6
EarthShield
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been wondering the same thing. I have the Samsung J7 Star through Metro and I'm still waiting for the update

user7wKJ1Fx4z3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same, my j7 star hasn't received the 9 pie update yet either

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

amanda95
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJoJo wrote:

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

This is not entirely true.   

Only AT&T and Verizon push updates from their servers.    The updates for all other carriers are pushed from Samsung's own servers, in which case release dates should be known.

Also, carriers do not  add  or remove features from Samsung firmware.  Any modification has to be submited to Samsung, which in turn will recompile the firmware and push it.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@zombieonwheelz wrote:

when is 9.0 coming?

For example T-Mobile released Android 9 for this phone at the end of August.  Other will probably follow

Highlighted
zombieonwheelz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@EarthShield i have metro also