Headphones and the Gear S3

SOLVED
Constellation

Headphones and the Gear S3

I buy the Gear S3 because it's a cell device and I can leave my phone at home when running or riding or whatever and still get my calls texts emails and all of that. Even listen to my music if I like. it even has blue tooth great. 

Have it all set up and paid for pick out the wireless headphones at AT&T I want to use and as I am just about to buy them the sales guy says "great we can pair them for you to your new S8 plus for you." I was that's great and all but I want the for the gear. Well per them you can't pair with the watch. This threw me a bit why sell a watch with all this music playing capability and phone ability if all I can do is speaker phone. 

Does anyone know if there is a slim line wifi headset or something that can pair with this watch or did I really just waste my money and get stuck in a contract for a watch I will never because of this lack of ability? Because as AT&T put it I have to have my phone with me to use a head set. Which means I may as well just got a fitbit and saved a lot of money.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova
Solution
Accepted by topic author userHSZ4WKN2n7
‎06-15-2017 04:40 PM

Re: Headphones and the Gear S3

I'm not sure why you were told that this couldn't happen. You should be able to use Bluetooth headphones with your Gear S3. This was actually discussed in another thread here. Have you tried pairing your headphones to the BT of your watch? This would be in the Connection Settings on the Gear. Keep in mind, if your device is paired to your phone already you may have to disconnect to pair directly to the watch. What kind of headphones are you using? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES
Supernova
Solution
Accepted by topic author userHSZ4WKN2n7
‎06-15-2017 04:40 PM

I'm not sure why you were told that this couldn't happen. You should be able to use Bluetooth headphones with your Gear S3. This was actually discussed in another thread here. Have you tried pairing your headphones to the BT of your watch? This would be in the Connection Settings on the Gear. Keep in mind, if your device is paired to your phone already you may have to disconnect to pair directly to the watch. What kind of headphones are you using? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

None right now. I was told flat out that they would not work so I did not spend the money to buy some. Only needed them for the watch so as they said they did not work I did not both to buy them. I thought the AT&T guy was wrong, but he bought the watch too. 

Thanks now I'm going to go out and find a pair.

Supernova

Awesome! I hope you find a suitable pair. I know one of my coworkers here in the office uses a third party pair of Bluetooth headphones with his. You should be able to use the Icon X headphones with them as well.