How to disable the "Listening at a high volume for a long time..." alert

Asteroid

Re: How to disable the "Listening at a high volume for a long time..." alert

@userAnClyFxng0 wrote:
It  blocks any information, even if critical.   

More importantly, what if one is not listening to anything?

A warning with no condition to correct nor any way to correct it nor an explanation amounts to a defect. 

I completely agree.  It's being presented as though this is a "safety feature" yet by design it breaks functionality under normal, predictable operational situations.  This is equivalent to owning a car that, if you reach 55mph, it drops your speed to 40 and chastises you for being a dangerous driver.  If our cars did this every time we pulled on the freeway we'd immediately rip out the speed governors.  So I'm open to any suggestions on disabling this design flaw on my phone.

Also, passing the buck to Android is disingenuous; the OS is designed to be tailored by hardware manufacturers to work on their devices.  It might sound believable to anyone who's never worked in software, but to the rest of us it sounds ridiculous.

Dear Samsung: here's a use case for how this warning message could work (if customer safety and satisfaction are your priorities).  Display that warning message the first time I raise my volume to where I can hear it.  After that, never display it again.  That way you get to deliver your legal department's condescending pearl-clutching warning about what my poor delicate ears can handle, and the rest of us can roll our eyes and get on with our lives.  I guarantee this would result in less hateful rants about Samsung.

Asteroid

Since Samsung and Android would both rather blame each other than fix this, can anyone recommend a good place to look for hacks?

Constellation

[ Edited ]

While there is no "switch" to disable it, you can go to "media volume limiter" and slide it all the way up. Now the "limit" is at max so essentially, you'd have to go past max volume to get the warning. You're welcome Smiley Happy

Asteroid

Thank you!!!

I tried to find a HERO tag to express how much future agro you've saved me, but the closest I can find is a gif of All Might with hot dogs: 

All Might Hero

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

Sadly, the "media volume limiter" setting does not stop the unwanted notices from popping up and dropping my volume back down to Samsung's nanny volume.  So I'm back to investigating hacking the thing...

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Yeah i also faced lot of issue with the limit of sound in the mobile phones. I have called my boost mobile live chat agent and cleared the issue.

He just suggested some settings to do and i did it.. That's it.

It is so easy. May be very company have such features. Just chat with the respective company live chat agents and solve your issue.

boost mobile live chat