Picture messages not sending from Galaxy S9

Constellation

Picture messages not sending from Galaxy S9

I got a new S9 and I am having issues with picture messages failing to send. I send multiple screenshots per day for work. Major issue, need help fast.

12 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Picture messages not sending from Galaxy S9

Been trying to figure it out, for me (hopefully you too) it just seems to be the stock messenger that comes with the S9. I downloaded Google's Android Messages from the Play Store and I was able to send MMS through that app. For now I've made Android Messages my default app for messaging as I try to find a way to fix Samsung's messenger.

Red Giant

Good afternoon @userfVZmWPv0qk

Have you tried to clear the cache and data from your messaging application? Go to Settings>Apps>Messages and tap Storage. The options to clear cache and data are there.

Red Giant

@userfVZmWPv0qk

Hello, were you able to clear the cache and data from that app, and if so, did it help?

Asteroid

I have tried clearing cache and data still doesnt work. Android messages works. Its something with the Samsung Messageing App.

Asteroid

If i restart the phone it lets me send one picture then any pictures after say they have been sent on my phone but the recipient never recives the pic.

Red Giant

@user4T3tFIVgTb

Have you tried placing your phone in safe mode, to see if it sends the texts without incident in that state? I would just like to rule out 3rd party app interference.

Red Giant

@user4T3tFIVgTb

Hello again, just thought I would check in with you. Were you able to test that phone in safe mode?

Asteroid

I have the same issue and I am with ATT.  Both of my phones are NEW S9+ activated 3/30 and issue showed up same day .  I began contacting ATT 4/2 about issue.  They sent me to Samsuung 4/15.  IT is now 5/31 an I have invested over 40 hours with Samsung techs to resolve the issue with no resolution.  I have spent over 73 hours with ATT ProTech with resolution.  Noone offered to replace phones both companies blame each other.  Samsung set me to a service center 45 miles from my home and the service center stated they would need the phonw for a minimum of 3 days up to 28 days.  No Loaner -  NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Let me know if you find a resolution.

Maybe I will have to become an APPLE user for the first time.

Constellation

Oh wow, I'm having this same issue.  I haven't reached out to any techs or anyone else.  I was hoping to find an answer here.  Think I'm going to just download Google messenger.  Thanks