Android Updates

SOLVED
Asteroid

Android Updates

Every Samsung device gets only 2 major android updates, meanwhile other companies give updates to almost their oldest android devices.

Android updates have a ton of improvements and new features and it's just disappointing that not everyone can enjoy from them.

I've got 2 questions:

Why does Samsung give only 2 major android updates?

Is there any chance they will give more?

Thanks if you answered my questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maor007
‎11-13-2018 11:31 AM

Re: Android Updates

Most likely because samsung's older phones get slowed downed with the newer and heftier updates over time. In addition, it takes time and extra effort for them to customize new android system updates to send out to older phones amongst the newer generation phones. Also, deep down Samsung doesn't really want you to keep using your old phone so this kind of makes you think of buying a newer generation phone over time.

4 REPLIES
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maor007
‎11-13-2018 11:31 AM

Most likely because samsung's older phones get slowed downed with the newer and heftier updates over time. In addition, it takes time and extra effort for them to customize new android system updates to send out to older phones amongst the newer generation phones. Also, deep down Samsung doesn't really want you to keep using your old phone so this kind of makes you think of buying a newer generation phone over time.

Asteroid

I understand.

I still really hope they will eventually release updates for older phones as well (probably never going to happen).

Thanks for answering my questions 😃

Constellation

How can I tell how many updates my J3 SM-327VL has had? 

Samsung Moderator

Most of our devices, we can locate all of the updates on Samsung.com by searching for your specific device. However, I wasn't able to locate this specific model on the Samsung US page.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.