[Announcement] Nougat 7.0 Update Problems *UPDATED 03/21*

Constellation

Re: [Announcement] Nougat 7.0 Update Problems

After this latest failure of an update.

Email does not register changes to unread mail, updating apps take way to f'ing long, and i have to open the voice mail app and select new messenges and refresh before they will register. Bluetooth is spotty when in medium power mode. And battery life is significantly worst. And samsung pay is still included in the os even after proving it bloatware.

Constellation

Re: [Announcement] Nougat 7.0 Update Problems *UPDATED 03/21*

[ Edited ]

I have Nougat 7.0 on my Note 5. I notice the extract text option in Smart Select is greyed out. It wasn't greyed out before. I have used this feature many times and it's very handy to just grab something off the Web using the S-Pen and convert it to text. Would appreciate getting this feature back if possible.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Recieved this reply from Samsung Customer Support....

1. Follow the below steps to perform clear data: 

*Tap on Select Settings 
*Tap on Applications 
*Tap on All Apps 
*Tap on More(or) 3 dots 
*Tap on Show system Apps 
*Tap Select S pen Keeper 
*Tap on Storage 
*Tap on Clear data. 

2. Press and hold the Power Key and Volume Down button together at the same time for 7-10 seconds to do a soft reset on your phone and refresh the internal circuit of the phone.

After following the above proceedure the Extract Text option in Smart Select is back.

Thanks, Samsung Smiley Happy

Constellation

Galaxy s6, purchased Feb 2017, on AT&T. 

I am one of the people with severe camera quality issues since the update. Not only has the quality gone way down, but swiping over and selecting 'pro' results in an error message of 'camera app has stopped' immediately, 100% of the time. 

I want to be able to take photos that don't look like they were taken on a cell phone in 2007! Smiley Sad Example of horrendous photo quality after update. This was taken in good lighting (natural) with the back camera, no zoomExample of horrendous photo quality after update. This was taken in good lighting (natural) with the back camera, no zoom

Halo

[ Edited ]

Well there it is folks... 84000 views, 1000+ replies, 106 pages and 5 months later... SAMSUNG HAS DONE NOTHING regarding this thread...

It speaks for itself.

Remember that when you buy your next TV, washing machine, camera, refrigerator or phone

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Hmmm

Halo

You missed the point of the post... not about them screwing up what was not a defective product prior to them making it defective with their update... it's about their lack of doing a dayum thing about it. 

Astronaut

Can someone tell me why the split screen feature is still no longer working.  I have a Samsung S6 and used the split screen A LOT!  It is very frustrating not having it.

Asteroid

Is anyone having the glitch when closing apps?

Link to Video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Lm1SPDg9oIPawPH3

Highlighted
Constellation

I haven't seen that one yet.
Constellation

Re: Nougat 7.0 Update Problems *SMS messages*

I have had the same problem now, even after a phone replacement. My SMS message conversations fall out of their time and eventually disappear all together. If I text you today, tomorrow...may be gone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. With my previous phone( 2 months ago). I cleared cache, changed settings, had Samsung and att trouble shooting agents remote accessed my phone...HAD A FACTORY RESET AMD NOTHING WORKED. got a replacement phone...held off on the update for a month and finally have in. AND NOW ITS SCREWED UP AGAIN. I'm sorry I don't have help but didn't exactly see this issue on the postings