[Announcement] Nougat 7.0 Update Problems *UPDATED 03/21*

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[Announcement] Nougat 7.0 Update Problems *UPDATED 03/21*

[ Edited ]

>03/21: Samsung Keyboard is going to be the default keyboard you see when looking at your settings for keyboard inputs. From what I was able to tell, after installed two other keyboards(Google Keyboard & SwiftKey), I was finally able to make a switch to the default selection. Not sure what prompted it exactly, but it allowed for me to make a selection, and upon disabling other keyboards, grayed out my default to lock it in place.

>03/13: For anyone noticing their OK Google was acting up, an awesome User by the name KJW was kind enough to provide some troubleshooting steps that ended up working for them. You will want to go to your Google Assistant settings by holding down the home key to activate it and selecting the three lines/dots in the top right corner. You'll want to scroll down to "OK Google" detection and click on it. Retrain your voice from here, as the Assistant wasn't allowed microphone permissions. After that you should restart your device.

>03/10: No word on whether the removal of customized edge colors was as intended or not. In the meantime, there are a handful of third party apps with pretty awesome reviews I was able to find. They'll allow for this sort of customization on your contacts, if you're looking for something immediate before I get an answer. As always, make sure to read reviews to find what is most comfortable for you. Those who remain patient, I hope to get an answer ASAP.

>03/10: LED Indicators automatically were defaulting to "Off" when update initally rolled out. You will want to make sure that it has been toggled back on, cache has been cleared, and that a full restart of your device has been done. For those still experiencing not LED on notifs, check those individual applications to make sure that notifications haven't been toggled off completely, or at least LED ones. More updates to come on this for those still having this with no resolution from this.

>03/10: Wi-fi information being displayed is no longer featured any longer from notifs, you will need to pull open the settings individually to view your Wi-Fi connection. No word on whether that might change in the future or not.

>03/10: For vibration on notifications, it looks like that selective option was removed from the features. It now has a vibration feature, but to play when sound is on as well. Aside from having the device on full vibrate, I don't believe there's a way to do this. You will also want to check individual apps under advanced while in notifications for "Show silent option ON/Off" toggled. Will update when more information comes in.

>03/09: An update for all you lovely people! We've received confirmation that the thread, and the list of things has been received by the right people in Samsung. Eyes are on it, and as things start to get addressed, I will be making sure to update here as normal. Just wanted to let ya'll know that I did receive that actual confirmation so you know where it's sitting with the thread being seen.

>03/08: I would just like to point out in general how amazing everyone has been with keeping this thread up to date with these things. I understand that these suggestions I'm offering are no way in any shape complete remedies or solutions, but rather information I've obtained from similar issues during previous System Updates. If you've tried these things with no results, by all means reply saying that you did them, what your problem was, and that it had no effect. This thread has eyes on it now...it was received when I sent it out, just waiting to hear back at this point for more concrete information. Thank you.

> 03/08: Another small update for those experiencing laggy devices, or overal sluggish behavior since update, check for memory shortage to system file updates. Also try removing SD card at first and rebooting without card installed.

> 03/08: Those experiencing LED indicator problems, try a full reboot after toggling on and off those notifications at first. If that fails, put your device into Safe Mode to rule out any third party apps that might be causing the indicator to mess up since no longer updated to 7.0. If still persistant, update here saying so.

> 03/08: If you've experienced SD Card Corruption, or SD Card troubles in general, please take note that if your phone or card was encrypted before the System Update, this could be the initial cause. Try reversing your encryption if possible, or give it a nice reboot w/ removal of card. If able to, try to connect SD Card w/ an older device or computer and retrieve your data from it.  While a format should clean everything up and get you back to fresh with that card, I suggest not doing this immediately untill you find a way to retrieve your data.

> 02/28: For those experiencing random resets or a laggy system, this may be due to corruption of system files after any major system updates. There's really three main things to try for this, the first being to wipe your cache partition. If you find it still persists after that, put your device into safe mode to rule out third party apps that weren't readily updated for Nougat. Then of course...if all else fails, a factory reset will most likely do the trick. Please remember though to back up your phone before doing so using the SmartSwitch PC program/app. If after all this the restarting persists, please leave a reply here letting me know so.

> 02/28: If you see something on this list that you're experiencing, please still leave a reply stating which one is happening to your phone, as well as your carrier and model numbers. If you've created or commented in other threads, feel free to link to those as well even though this will be the central hub for this.

Hey everyone-

With Nougat rolling out to more devices/carriers, we've started to see a lot of threads popping up on these boards. While a handful of them have been posts on feature removals, and or requests, there's also been a lot more that outline what could possibly be real problems.

I'd like to point out the "to date" things I've seen posted so far:

- Quick Connect/ Smart View no Longer Working Properly (Example 1

- SD Card App Icons Missing From Home Screen After Restarts

- Location Services Incorrect/GPS not Receiving Correctly

- Aux Cord No Longer Working w/ Vehicle but With Other Aux Speakers

- Bluetooth Issues Across the Board (7.1 Notes Show Problem+Fix)

- System Tuner UI Won't Turn On

- Multi-window Function Doesn't Update Inactive Windows in Real Time

- Low Volume Calls/Low Speaking Microphone (Since Update)

- Fingerprint Scanner No Longer Registering Thumbprint

- "Prime Photos Has Stopped Working" on Sprint Devices(so far)

- AoD is Disabled when Medium Battery Saving Mode is Set

- Camera Quality Has Decreased

- Text Shortcuts No Longer Available

This post will serve as a point of contact for any new updates being made in regards to these things, as well as any new problems as they pop up. If you feel I've missed any things that would belong here, feel free to leave a reply letting me know so, and I'll add it to this list, or let you know whether it's something that could be troubleshooted. Make sure when leaving your reply to provide your phone's model number, as well as who your current carrier is!

Please remember, if there's anything you feel is missing from this update that your phones would benefit from, that would fall under feature requests...and I hope to have a solidarity thread up for that as well. This way Samsung has a collective force of posts to read from.

Thank you as always for your patience and understand during all of this. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

1,129 REPLIES
Halo

Re: [Announcement] Nougat 7.0 Update Problems

[ Edited ]

Sprint S7 Edge Nougat Update - SD Card Icons Deleted After Every Reboot

Just updated this a couple of days ago and every time I reboot all my SD card icons are missing from the home screen.  I did a hard reset, installed a bunch of stuff on the SD card, rebooted and everything stayed just fine.  Installed the rest of my programs, got all the way to the end and the friggin thing did it again.

Others on other boards are having this same problem as well.  Seems to be related to the native app launcher, touch wiz, because other launchers dont do this (Nova, Action etc).  This needs to be fixed ASAP please.  My phone is in an utter state of disrepair right now.

Constellation

[ Edited ]
AT&T SAMSUNG-SM-G935A

Galaxy s7 loses lock on location, Nest cam keeps turning on when home.

Since I updated my s7 edge to Nougat, I keep on having issues with location services. I have a Nest cam that is supposed to turn off whenever I'm home, which is determined by the location services on the Galaxy.

However, it seems that the Galaxy loses its lock on my location, causing the cam to turn on. I go to Google maps and see that the phone is not receiving GPS (or my wifi) and is only reading a local cell tower. I have to tap on recenter and then in a few seconds the GPS kicks in.

The settings look look to be right, I already reset the settings. I can't help but think this has something to do with the Nougat update.

Halo

[ Edited ]

Colorization

Sprint S7 Edge SM-G935P

I understand there is a blue light filter (which makes everything look yellow) and without it there is what appears to be a blinding white, but sincerely between this and the fact that there are no colors anymore (contacts, notification drop down, settings menus are all white with only a hint of color) this phone is now burning out my retinas.  I can tell you exactly what happens... because there is no contrast your retinas need to open wider to try and identify what you're looking at and because the screen is all white (or lacks a blue filter) I can feel my eyes burn.  Point being color layout was a lot closer to the mark with marshmallow than this.  There have several complaints that Ive read about this as well so it isnt just me.

Calendar - absolutely cannot see the weather icons on there anymore

Contacts - Ive got a feature that can display colors on the edge and you've gotten rid of all the color... WTH

Email - Now instead of bold colors to distinguish between accounts, there is a little dot... I cant tell one account from the other now because everything is colorless and font is too small

Constellation

after updating my Galaxy 7Edge, my Green phone icon, contacts, messaging icons were completely gone.  Im still trying to figure this update out. What exactly do i need to do to get my phone back to friendly user, samsung device.  Frustrating to have an update completely screw up your whole day! : l 

Honored Contributor

Awesome responses! Thank you so much for the information. Please edit your posts as well to include your phone's model number, as well as who your carrier is. I had to edit my initial post because I forgot to ask for that. But this will help when this information is viewed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Asteroid

Considering how much this phone cost and what a pos this nougat operating system is, the forum admin shod be moving the post not asking me to. Nothing like a free beta test to save money on development an speed product roll out
Cosmic Ray

Edge lighting not working for peoples edge
Halo

Notification Drop Down

Sprint S7 Edge SM-G935P

The notification drop down needs clarifity.  The font for the title of the item is too small and also it needs a more defined separation between items.

As is, I look at this and it takes a good 3 seconds to figure out what Im looking at because nothing clearly stands out, it's just a jumble.

Asteroid

MAJOR problems with the Nougat update on my Galaxy 7 Edge:

THe WIFI icon in the header no longer shows me to whom I'm connected.....so I have to execute another swipe to determine if I'm connected to my secure WIFI network.

My SWIPE keyboard and my SAMSUNG BOLD KEY keyboard now cause constant spelling and word prediction errors for no identifable reason.  

Doing away with color icons  on the notifications bars when the phone is locked makes it far more difficult to identify the specific app or person sending me new message.  

The lack of separate color assignments on my favorite contacts makes it far more difficult to quickly identify them.  

The new font size for notifications is NOT  LARGE ENOUGHT TO BE LEGIBLE for many users!