Bad new update: app badges disappear when notifications dismissed

Constellation

Bad new update: app badges disappear when notifications dismissed

I am very disappointed with the new update because I am constantly dismissing notifications in order to keep my upper dashboard cleared; therefore I find the badges displayed on the apps helpful because it acts as a reminder for me to check the app. Now I am forced to check each individual app for new notifications rather than just glancing at the badges on each app. I don't see why they would change it in the first place. It does not save me time instead it makes it more difficult for me since I have to spend more time checking every app. I wish they would make it an option rather than just making this feature apply to everyone. All these silly features and updates are ridiculous. Almost makes me want to switch to Apple. 

See more topics labeled with:

2 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Bad new update: app badges disappear when notifications dismissed

Completely agree! I do the same in clearing the upper dashboard and then use the number icons as a reminder to check that app. Going through every app is extremely annoying and time consuming. Very frustrated with the newest update!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Bad new update: app badges disappear when notifications dismissed

Switch to Nova Launcher Prime(paid) and install TeslaUnread plugin on top of it, which will provide the old app badge behavior and in addition allow for high levels of customization in relation to icons, fonts, icon arrangement and etc.