Changing the Note 9 messages background

Constellation

Changing the Note 9 messages background

Will there be an update for the messages application?  On my Note 8 I was able to change the bubble and background.  I am able to do neither on my Note 9.  That white background is awfully boring.   Thanks.

61 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: Changing the Note 9 messages background

I'd certainly be interested in this answer as well. We should be able to apply our themes or custom wallpapers to the messaging background.
Asteroid

I also hope the fix this because with most themes I cant see any of my texts so this is annoying having the best phone but I cant customize my messaging like on my note 8 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Constellation

I'd certainly be interested in this answer as well. We should be able to apply our themes or custom wallpapers to the messaging background.

Astronaut

I would also be very interested in the answer to this question.  Makes a person want to go back to Note8

Constellation

Precisely...hate the blazing white background in messages.  Really??? Nothing available except black letters on white backgroud?  So they've morphed back to MS DOS era sans colors?  (Ok, you could do black screen with either green or orange letters...though that was better than the current eyestrain mode.)

Constellation

I'd certainly be interested in this answer as well. Its really tedious.
Astronaut

I actually switched from Apple to Samsung a few years ago BECAUSE I couldn't stand not being able to modify messages and my phone the way I liked. Also working in cell phone sales this is a huge feature I use to sway people to Samsung, not being able to modify our phones the way we want makes them no better than Apple
Constellation

I thought I was going crazy. Seeing this thread makes me glad I'm not the only one dreading the plain white with no option to change it! 

Constellation

Seriously,  such a simple tweak makes a huge difference... I don't understand why Samsung keeps messing with stuff we're used to and expect from previous phones' experience...

Just like Apple... such a bad experience...