Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

I just did a search to see if I was the only one having this issue.  The battery went from 92% to 24% overnight with all apps closed and an extremely strong 5G WiFi signal throughout my home.  I have tried uninstalling apps, deleting any content on the tablet.  I even turned the tablet off overnight last night and it still dropped from 89% to 82% with the unit POWERED DOWN COMPLETELY!  I never lost that kind of power prior to this with the unit on and apps still running.

I don't know what has happened, but I can no longer rely on my tablet to run long enough for a cross country plane flight without absolutely needing a fully charged mega charger to be the supplemental power supply.  OK for a plane flight, not ok for everyday use.  Can someone please explain what's happened to the great battery life that my tablet once had?

Constellation

Tried this. No change. Since Nougat update, I can put my Tab S2 to sleep, come back in an hour, and it's almost dead. Background stuff, notifications, etc all turned off. HELP!!!!!!

Constellation

Oh gosh, me too. I've done all the troubleshooting, resetting. Any word on a fix yet?

Samsung Moderator

Her you reset since the update?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

Same here - I reset the tablet - changed the Battery myself - and it still goes from 100 to zero in 14 to 16 hours with no on screen use.

Thought it was me - guess not.  Betting we NEVER see an update again from Samsung

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

My Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32gb battery usage is terrible.  Won't last a day.  I'm now using it plugged in most of the time.

Constellation

Same problem here.

It was fine with Marshmallow. Long battery life. Easily 3-4 days with active use. Now, I cannot make it through 24 hours with similar use. If I forget to charge it one night, the next morning, the device is out of battery. I might just ebay this off and get an Asus (gasp!).

In Transit, HQ
Asteroid

I have the same problem with my galaxy tab s2.

Everything switched off and still the battery goes down from 100% to zero in a single day.

Asteroid

The problem started last week or so.

I used to charge my Galaxy tab S2 about once a week and now without any applications running, Wifi turned of and no activity what so, my Galaxy tab S2 goes from 100 to zero in about 14 hours.

Crazy !

Need HELP

Samsung Moderator

Have you all tried a factory reset since the update?