Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Asteroid

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Then why doesn't Samsung fix this update so that it doesn't drain the battery?

Constellation

Simple question mean simples answers. Because that they don't know how to solve it or because they don't want to admit that they have problem this last point is the worst in term of customer services (I don't know why but I am quite convinced that the second reason is the good one).......

Astronaut

[ Edited ]
Hello everyone,

I started having the same issues 1.5 week ago (slow charging, 24-30 hours and insane battery drain, from 100% to completely dead in about 3 hours) and both were solved after I charged the tablet with a different usb cable (third party in my case: www.amazon.de/Charging-Aluminium-Tangle-free-BlackBerry-Motorola/dp/B01MEG71VD).

I simply shut down the tablet (uninstalled google play and enabled it again before, but don't think that did anything), hooked up the other usb cable with the original charger, and charging went fast again (20-30% per hour) and the battery held on for 8-9 hours with wifi usage, surfing and music streaming.

As already mentioned earlier in this post, it seems that the software somehow gets into a crazy battery charging and discharging mode when charged with the original Samsung usb cable.

My advice is to try several cables marked with fast charge and data sync speeds, one should do the trick.

My question to the brothers Sam and Sung: why does the tablet go crazy with the original usb cable and does it work with a cheap third party cable? Will Samsung provide me a cable that is compatible with the Samsung product?

My tablet details:

S2 8.0 SM-T713

Android version: 7.0

Kernel: 3.10.84-13790357 (Sep 20 2018)

Build: NRD90M.T713XXS2BRI1

Constellation

I've tried MANY cables with zero improvement.

Using a USB tester I've found that no matter the cable or charger used my S2 9.7 won't pull over .10 amps.

That's a trickle-charging rate.

Using the exact same charger & cable other tablets pull 1.0+ amps - as they should.

Samsung Moderator

Does the device's battery drain quickly while in safe mode?