Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Same issue. Commenting to follow the thread and see if a solution presents itself.

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried the reset mentioned previously?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Are you still needing assistance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

my name is Craig Celeste I did all that and my battery still drains and I had it on all night on my charger plugged in I mean and it's at 89% and I need a update to solve that problem so my phone can be charged a hundred percent alright thank you I'm very very angry and I was Samsung 4 so many years and this needs to be resolved or I'll change to an iPhone thank you my name is Craig Celeste and my email address is <Hidden> and I need this ASAP thank you

Samsung Moderator

We'll forward your concerns accordingly useronPHrhn0P3, sadly we cannot speculate on the release of future updates so please keep an eye on our page for any announcements. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I have the Samsung Galaxy tab S 10 inch and since the last update my battery drains like crazy.  In the past I could close the cover and come back in 2-3 days and loss maybe 5-8% power.  Now its dead in 24 hours!!! while not being used!!  I was going to purchase a new samsung tablet for my kids and for myself.  I will no longer do that.  They were for christmass coming up.  I have seen this power issue online talked about for months - yet no resultion by anyone at Samsung.  So as I still sit and wait for a fix, you have lost three future sales and I have advised all my engineering co-workers to stay away from Samsung products, from battery issues to bad software updates.  Very dissapointing.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

All the same problems.  Great battery life BEFORE the update.  Now, all I want to know is how to revert back to Marshmallow as it worked fine with minimal battery drain even in normal use.  Is it possible to revert back to a previous OS and if so, how?  Please feel free to reply to my email at <Hidden>.  Thanks in advance.  AJ

Constellation

I am also having the same issue as everyone else. Great battery life before, now basically dead overnight while asleep. Odd thing is, this case is true when I'm at home but when away and connected to Wi-Fi, it lasts for 3-4 days...weird. Anyone else notice this?

My Tab A is hardly charging since the new update. After 9 hours of charging, it went from 33 percent to 46 now.
Samsung Moderator

userfDuGXmW9am, have you tried a factory reset?