Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Why on earth would any of us want to do a factory reset and lose all our settings and our apps, and files. etc.  Dumb response as usual from Samsung.  This is a great forum for venting, just don't expect to get any real help on problems.  And for sure no one from Samsung gives a hoot about fixing this problem in battery drain that THEY caused.  Would it be that hard to give us a link to revert back to Marshmallow?   Bet that would fix it.  

Samsung Moderator

@user2WhMtCSIvN: That has resolved the issue in the past.  That's just our suggestion.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

I just bought the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 and immediatley did the update. I have found that with simple use the battery is draining quite fast. since the tablet is brand new , I went ahead and did the factory reset. It is still draining very fast. I picked the tablet up to use 2 hours ago at about 90%....its already down to 50%. I spent about 1 hour on Facebook and have been using Kindle reader for an hour. is this normal?? I'm still within the window to return the tablet. wondering if I should return this and go for something different. I had an iPad before but prefer the Android since I also have a Samsung phone. maybe the Asus? it seems silly to haved to shut down everything in order to get a days use out of the tablet
Samsung Moderator

Have you played with the setting any?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Are you still needing assistance?  

Astronaut

I have the same problem with my Tab A. Have you found a solution?

Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with your full model and serial number?

Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

tab 1 works fine after the update
Constellation

I also just got the Tab S2, T813 and the battery barely lasts 2 hours when in use.  I have turned off everything possible, other than wifi, set the brightness to almost dim, but still find the best way to use it is to keep it plugged in.  Love the tablet, but my old Sony xperia lasted way better.  Hopefully Samsung will fix this issue, but after reading everyone's experiences, doubt if a fix will happen anytime soon.

Constellation

Same thing here! I am very disappointed about my tablet but mostly about the poor service from samsung. Even when I try to chat with "someone", it seems impossible to really get answered by a real human! Maybe we should do like Iphone users and go forward with a class action? I can't believe samsung can't do nothing to help us to return to the previous version to satisfy there customers. I paid enough for my tablet to have the right to expect a better service and to be able to use my tablet as I was able to when I bought it! If they don't do nothing soon, I think they can expect a lot of there actual clients to go see somewhere else to buy there new product next time!