Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

Constellation

Re: Galaxy Tab S2 drains battery after recent update

I also havw recently been having issues with the battery life on my Tab 2. I've had it for two years and had no issues before the past month or so. I can't understand why the OS Battery use in the background is so excessive when the device is sitting with the screen off on standby. Screenshots attached to show 60% battery usage by the OS.

Please advise how to correct this.1515552709432390826942.jpg

Constellation

Hello,

I have a Galaxy Tab A, brand new, but because it only came with 16GB space (most if it used by built-in Apps) I decided to buy a Galaxy Tab S2 which has 32GB of space (Brand New).

I found out very quickly that my Tab A outlast my Tab S2... The S2 battery drains so quickly, it does not last 7 hours.

so far my Tab A has not be charged for 2 1/2 days but my Galaxy Tab S2  drains even when it is not in use.

If I dare use the Tab 2 to watch a movie, or two, it drains and turns Off by the time I am starting the 2nd movie.

Please Samsung, fix this problem.  I really wanted a tablet I could use for a full day and not worry about charging.

thank you for reading.

We hope Samsung will listen to its customers, there are other choices out there, so do not let us down Samsung.

Constellation

Count me in as well.  The update to 7.0 killed the battery life on my S2 8.0

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem but have no clue how to send you a private message.  My serial number is <Hidden>.  I would also recommend making those numbers LARGER. 

Samsung Moderator

Tell me about it, those numbers are WAY too tiny. To send a private message you can use this link: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH  Please include the full model code in your message. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issues with very high battery use on a brand new Tab S2 8.0.  It auto updated to 7.0 out of the box so I can't compare it to 6.0. But it's the battery drains much faster than when using my ancient Nexus 7.  

Samsung Moderator

Have you reset since the update?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yes. I have done a full factory reset. Still have the same problems with high battery usage.

For me, I turned off wifi during sleep, so the sleep battery usage seems normal. But actual use just burns through the battery. Just surfing the web will kill the battery in 2 hours, mayyyybe 3, hours.

My five year old Nexus 7 lasts 5-6 hours of the same use.
Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with the full model and serial number?  

Constellation

I have recently noticed that my Tab S2 has been discharging ridiculousl quickly over this last week. It was absolutely fine until Sunday as I used it to watch the UFC all night on the BT TV app and since Monday the battery life is losing about 40% over night in standby mode and is dead by 6pm that night.